• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filling slots with the 25th Anniversary Eagles

8 posts in this topic

no extra points allowed

If you have noticed recently, NGC has added a slot for the 2011 Reverse Proof Eagle and also the 2011 S Eagle Mint State. If you have already added these coins from your set in the 25th Anniversary Silver Eagles Set you can add them to the Silver Eagles 1986 - Date Mint State and Silver Eagles 1986 - Date Proofs but you will NOT get any more points by doing so. So in essence you are filling a slot ONLY, with no points awarded for the coin. You would have to enter a completely separate graded coin for those slots to realize any points.

I have attached another 2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Reverse Proof.

10060.jpg

See more journals by moondoggy

Moondoggy

I like your picture, nice coin. These special coins deserve special pictures and I have spent some time on photoshop elements to get the following:

1609928_Full_Obv.jpg

Gary

Someone cannot get points for a coin in multiple categories. If you own a penny and its in the penny category you cannot add it to a proof set for that year and get more points.

People are just going to have to own multiple coins so they can get the points.

If they gave the points for every slot people would just add any set to their collections just to boost their points.

I like the way it is and feel its fair.

There is going to be a new change starting in January.

Some sets give more points for a coin than others. Like a quarter might have 250 points in a 1965 to date set but will have 500 points in a mint set. As of next year a coin no matter what set it is in will have only a certain amount of points. No coin ever got points twice for being in different sets but sometimes a set does offer more points--------Not any more

Gary----Nice frame job---looks swell

Later

I noticed something strange when I added my 25th Anniversary set.

I entered all five coins in the 25th Anniversary set. The 2011-W Proof-70 UC scores 682 points.

I then went to my Silver Eagles, 1986 to Date Proof set, to add the Reverse Proof. I already had a 2011-W PF-70 UC in the set. I noticed it said I had "2 available coins" for the 2011-W slot, wich made sense because I had just added the Anniversary set. I assumed I would see two coins with identical scores to choose from. To my surprice, the "regular issue" 2011-W Proof-70 UC score was 404; the 2011-W PF-70 UC with the 25th Anniversary label in the Silver Eagles score was 682 points. In effect, you get an extra 278 points for the same coin with the 25th Anniversary Set label.

Maybe this is an oversight and will be quickly corrected.