• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recieved a Christmas coin today from the GF

12 posts in this topic

My girlfriend knows that I am working on putting a small personal coin set together consisting of coins from 1776 - 1876 - 1976 as a US Anniversary Set. Well today she handed me a small gift package which I thought may of been a new ring or something of that nature. But I was wrong, it was a coin :) She has no interest in coins at all so she really does not know what to look for, but the coin is still a keeper to me even though it has a couple issues such as cleaning. Besides, it was the thought that counts the most.

Here it is, the newest addition to my tiny set.

1876SeatedLibQuarterpresentation.jpg

I think both the coin and my GF are keepers for sure :) It was her first time choosing a coin. Generally there have been times I have sent her to pick something up if I was out of town, but by the time she gets to the store the owner has it sitting aside waiting for her. She does go with me to local club meetings (twice monthly) and the coin show here in Dalton GA each year. But she gets pretty bored quickly. She decided to pick this up because I already know what 2 of my other gifts from her are. One being a 2007 Honda TRX400EX atv and a 2001 Dodge Dakota R/T pickup. Which makes me feel like a heel because all I was able to get her is a new laptop pc, but she has no clue I have it yet.