• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

last message posted by cemonice

11 posts in this topic

this is what i wanted to share with my fellow members:

Got a special package in the mail AND updates on my recent submission!

Today in the mail i received not one, but two packages! One was an NGC sample slab with the 1982-D Washington Commem. that i won off E-bay. its a cool slab. thats the only reason i bought it.

The second package was my daughters NGC graded 2011 25th Anniversary set which i bought from a fellow member of the boards! this gentleman was truly a great person! im not sure if he wants his name out there but he sold it to me for the price of his costs. i did however pay him for his time and efforts because i do believe in Capitalism and fely he deserved some compensation!

Anyway the set is a MIX OF 69'S AND 70'S, the bullion and W mint MS coin being 70's. i am extremely happy with the set and the overall transaction! This gentleman deserves a whole lot of good Karma. Thank you, you know who you are! If he wants to put his name out there i will let him do so to take the credit.

I also want to thank Kenneth F, because although we did not end up doing business, he was there all the way, ready sell me a set for my daughter. He is a good man as well! Thanks brother.

Then my recent submission upgraded to "scheduled for grading". Im dying for this one because i really want to see how my 5 morgans come out especially the 84-S......

thanks for stopping by!

nick

P.S. here are some pics!

119099.jpg.aad7f029f11f009d3068b572dc52e572.jpg

119100.jpg.d0f72aa500341bfdb804addd26459a6d.jpg

Hi Cfmonnice, I was checking uoyr coin out, it is anice looking Washington, and i check the verification and it come up as a 1959D, 10 cent piece, sample, with this number, 191578-001, i wanted to letyou know. Don

Nick

I am so glad your daughter has her eagles! :whee: I knew you wouldn't be left out. I agree that the people who make up Collector's Society, are among the best and friendliest people you will find. Congratulations on the eagles and all the best on your grades. :banana:

Gary

Rick: yes I did bypass NCS. I'm gonna see what happens with it as is. I never used NCS before so I was afraid that I would spend the money and still have the same outcome. So I'm gonna see if it comes back cleaned or not. If so, maybe crack it out down the road and try again later. Not sure.

Amarillo: I checked with the seller, they said they noticed it too, asked NGC about it. They gave me some line about his NGC made some "mechanical error" or something and it was there mistake......? I am going to call NGC in the morning and see what's up. I have 7 days to return it. Although when I brought up returning it, the seller said they would only return for the bid price and not the separate posting I paid. Is that normal? Any feedback on that would be great...

Nick

The goal of any seller is to not have ANY returns, and as the problem you are experiencing is not the sellers fault, I feel you have no claim for a refund. As long as the coin was accurately described in the auction and was not damaged you should have to keep it, although if this was through ebay they will force a seller up to 30 days after to take a product back so if your set on a refund it is totally possible.

This coin is also labeled on the case incorrectly it should be 1982 D Washington 50C. NGC makes mistakes and they used to fix them for free, check into that and they might just hook you up. MAYBE

Seth: It appears I misspoke. After re-reading my email to seller, I never actually asked about a refund. Seller told me about their policy before I said anyrhing. I don't think I want to return in. From what I remember in a link posted recently, to an old thread on sample slabs, this particular generation sample slab shows this Coin.. Now I'm not sure if NGC put all of the same type of coins in each generation sample slab. If that's the case, its the right kind of coin and wrong data in the verification process. This is still new to me. That is why i am calling NGC for answers. If I'm wrong please correct me. Anyway, I got the slab cheap enough, from profits I made on the sale of another coin. The way I look at it, its a lesson learned, good or bad. Thanks to all

Has anyone heard of this happening? Or is this strange?

I thought most sample slab info was bogus

frequently having coin being different than desription (date/mm)

the sample slabs were frequently made for give-aways at major events or shows to showcase the companies new product (being the packaging or slab) as their grading as a goal, was to remain consistent

you should 'ask NGC' in the other forum to see if this is technically a slabbing error, or just they wat it was done intentionally