• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would say this is a WIN!!!

26 posts in this topic

Maybe so.

He left me this feedback already: "instant payment, 5 star."

If the seller emails me and asks to cancel the transaction, I will gladly do so...

Lets see how this one plays out.

Bryan

PS: If anyone ever asked for forgiveness, I will always forgive them. WWJD? :grin:

doh!

I fixed my typo..

As for alerting the seller about it error, and I don't mean to sound shallow, but I'm going to let him contact me if he wants to cancel the transaction. As I stated in the previous post, I will gladly do that if he asks.

Please don't judge me for thinking this way.

Bryan

1884-CC Morgan Silver Dollar

The seller already left me positive feedback....

WIN?

Bryan

I wouldn't be too excited about the positive feedback... I have received this when buying books before. It appears to be an automated system that leaves positive feedback once payment is made. It is highly doubtful that the seller will actually sell you the piece, and it is worth the potential negative feedback (he isn't aware that you would be amenable to cancelling the transaction) for a seller to issue a refund and refuse to sell.

I can't say if it's a mistake or not. Us knowledgeable coin-folk know it is, but does the seller know?

Like I said, I'll wait and see how this plays out.

You lost any credibility you had with me, there. The seller has an ICG MS62 1882-CC listed with a minimum bid of $200 plus. And even if he didn't, odds were/are that most sellers (even unknowledgeable ones) know that Morgan Dollars are worth more than $12.

If you want to say that you have the right to try to profit from a seller's listing error, I won't argue with you. But don't pretend that you don't think it was a listing error.

I can't say if it's a mistake or not. Us knowledgeable coin-folk know it is, but does the seller know?

You lost any credibility you had with me, there. The seller has an ICG MS62 1882-CC listed with a minimum bid of $200 plus. And even if he didn't, odds were/are that most sellers (even unknowledgeable ones) know that Morgan Dollars are worth more than $12.

If you want to say that you have the right to try to profit from a seller's listing error, I won't argue with you. But don't pretend that you don't think it was a listing error.

I'm sorry to hear that I have lost credibility with you Mark. That's your choice and I will not judge you for it.

"Most" is the key word in your statement. Here's a seller that didn't fit in that category: Click here

I said what I said because I can't speak for the seller. I don't know his/her intentions and I am not about to assume that it is an error. Assumption is the lowest form of communication in my book.

If you look back at my previous posts, I stated that I would forgive the seller for his/her mistake and cancel the transaction if he/she sought to do so. I'm not one of those of people that would say "Once you list an item, you are responsible for it's contents (including BIN price). You are obligated according to eBay rules to honor the price you listed for."

I know that no one currently on Earth is perfect, including me....

Respectfully,

Bryan

I'm sorry to hear that I have lost credibility with you Mark. That's your choice and I will not judge you for it.

"Most" is the key word in your statement. Here's a seller that didn't fit in that category: Click here

I said what I said because I can't speak for the seller. I don't know his/her intentions and I am not about to assume that it is an error. Assumption is the lowest form of communication in my book.

If you look back at my previous posts, I stated that I would forgive the seller for his/her mistake and cancel the transaction if he/she sought to do so. I'm not one of those of people that would say "Once you list an item, you are responsible for it's contents (including BIN price). You are obligated according to eBay rules to honor the price you listed for."

I know that no one currently on Earth is perfect, including me....

Respectfully,

Bryan

Interesting that you chose to ignore "The seller has an ICG MS62 1882-CC listed with a minimum bid of $200 plus". But sure, it's possible that he thought the coin you won was worth less than $12 - shame on me for assuming otherwise.

that item was listed before with a $199 best offer, he knows what it is worth and so do you,

heck you would even spend $10 for a 1883-CC card insert,

you know how the selling/listing process works - the guy probably wanted to start it on a 7-day auction but probably forgot to switch it from fixed price to auction.

but maybe they will honor their mistake - I know most B&M dealers would not

Bryan, I think the seller will notify you of the listing mistake and that you would hopefully do the right thing by allowing him to cancel and re list the coin. I doubt EBAY would allow this sale to go through even if you challenged it.

I don't know whether you've gotten lucky or not, but how this plays out with the 84-CC is beyond my control so there is no point commenting.

What I have noticed, and for which your luck will eventually run out, is the fact that you are still buying raw coins from lousy and less-than-adequate photos. There is no point reiterating the "Do's & Don'ts" advice you have already received. You can just go back and read your previous threads, but ignoring some of it will, sooner or later, come back to haunt you.

Chris

All's well that ends well.

The seller admitted his mistake and the transaction was cancelled.

I didn't mean for this thread to "get ugly". We all have differing opinions on how to handle the situation. And I value each and every one. But in the end, forgiveness was sought and given.

Bryan

I didn't mean for this thread to "get ugly". We all have differing opinions on how to handle the situation. And I value each and every one. But in the end, forgiveness was sought and given.

Bryan

Bryan, you haven't seen "ugly" ;) This thread was tame. :)

Bryan

We haven't had any ugly ones for quite a while. Hmmmmmmm.......let's see?

Chris

Here's a seller that didn't fit in that category: Click here

even the example used has the coins relisted

eBay has made it so easy to relist, if you forget to change the tab from fixed format to auction format, you will get caught

all the best to you on the win best wishes

It sounds as if you didn't read the original poster's follow-up post:

Bryan

I seem to remember some ugly ones involving JOBESSI several months back.

I don't remember these threads at all. This must have driven him away form posting here. It is a shame; I actually enjoyed making a trade with him once.

Bryan

Now that there is funny ... you know it is heheh