• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878-CC GSA Morgan (New Pics)

14 posts in this topic

Happy Saturday Guys,

Well, I received her in the mail today.

Here's the pics I took:

Obverse

1878-CC_3.JPG

Reverse

1878-CC_4.JPG

I compared her side-by-side with the 1885-CC (which we know is not PL/DPL). Based on what I am learning from you guys and studying other graded coins, I think the '78-CC has a shot at going 62PL/63PL.

Anyone want to take more shots at her? (just be gentle. she's dinged up already!)

She's going to NGC on Monday!

Cheers!

Bryan

MS63, from the pictures I would say not PL due to the fields on the obverse. Your pictures are much kinder than the origignals.

My apologies. I'm still trying to get the "hang" of using the boards.

MOD: If you feel the need to delete this tread, go ahead.

No need to apologize. I would suggest that you just add the new images to the other/original thread.

And so no one who is reading this thread (and is unfamiliar with the other thread) is confused, here is a link to the original thread: see here

No doubt a 62, I had one with about the same amount of damage to the cheek and I also had 3 MS63s all from original GSA holders. The 3 MS63.s had considerably less damage to the cheek. As for the possibility of PL, that is a little hard to determine from the picture.

MS63 */PL

Based on the images, there is no reason why that coin would receive a PL designation and a star.

Sorry if I misleaded you, I meant to say that it could be a star or a PL.