• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 43 - Who's going to be the winner???

15 posts in this topic

Two USA commemoratives bear a coining date of 1936 but were actually struck during 1937. Name them.

First post that correctly answers wins Commemorative Coins of the United States Identification and Price Guide.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Ok, Delaware was right (1938 on reverse, 1936 on obverse), and the second one was Cleveland, but I also found that the Long Island was all dated 1936 regardless of when minted, though I am not sure if any were minted in 1937.

There are three comm. coins that were struck in 1937 with the date 1936 with a fourth one with half of the coins dated in 1936 minted in 1937 because Congress would not authrorised mintage for that year. I am using David L. Ganz's The OFFICIAL GUIDE TO US COMMEMORATIVE COINS as refrence.

1)Delaware Tercentenary (pg.181)

2)Gettysburg 75th Anniverary(pg.182)

3)Norfolk VA Bicentennial and Tercententenary(pg.185)

And it is the Cleveland Centennial/ Great Lakes Expo comm. That half of the coins were minted in 1937(pg.179) CHRIS

The question: Two USA Commemoratives bear a coining date of 1936 but were actually struck during 1937. Name them.

The answer: Delaware and Cleveland.

The winner is EVillageProwler!

Your prize is Commemorative Coins of the United States Identification and

Price Guide.

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly..... keithdagen

Your prize is a display box.

Prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks to all!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!!

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just a follow-up to Danielle's post.

Your responses prompted me to do a little more reading, and it turns out that there are five possible answers to this question: Delaware, Cleveland (coined in both 1936 and 1937), Robinson/Arkansas, Gettysburg and Norfolk. These additional possibilities don't affect the outcome of the contest, as EVP is still the winner, but it does make me feel a bit embarassed. crazy.gif