• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I owe derryb an apology from ATS

16 posts in this topic

Dear derryb,

Please accept my apology for dissing you so bad ATS! I was way out of line and I get that now. I really had no personal contempt, just blind-poster syndrome, a guy hiding behind the anonymity of these bulletin boards. I did not think how my comments were personally hurtful, but I get it now, ergo public apology.

I also wish to thank you, because as a result of our altercation ATS, I have now been led to the "promised land". Try posting here instead of there, you may experience a pleasing revelation.

Cheers!

Kirk

Kirk, well done, stay here, don't go back ATS,

He can't go back ATS since he's been banned there, although there are precedences where banned members have been reinstated.

One wrong word is all it takes and the rules say that. Sorry DieClash, you said more than just one word. It's still possible to get back on if you are nice and wish to return. I made the same mistake some time back. Give it some time.

At the same time I hope you hang out here a bit more.

I welcome this, and think that both you and derryb have a lot to offer to this forum.
As do I. I just wish Kirk would have had this revelation before the switch was pulled.

Dear derryb,

Please accept my apology for dissing you so bad ATS! I was way out of line and I get that now. I really had no personal contempt, just blind-poster syndrome, a guy hiding behind the anonymity of these bulletin boards. I did not think how my comments were personally hurtful, but I get it now, ergo public apology.

I also wish to thank you, because as a result of our altercation ATS, I have now been led to the "promised land". Try posting here instead of there, you may experience a pleasing revelation.

Cheers!

Kirk

This whole affair began with a false, derrogatory accusation in a public form. When I immediately provided proof that the accusation was false, instead of receiving an apology, I was further blasted with name calling and private messages. When the other party failed to cease with the harrassment I started a thread that asked how to prevent PMs from an (unnamed) member. He continued with the same behavior in that thread and was subsequently banned from that forum. He then brought his fight here. I suspect the apology that could have put a quick end to this before it got out of hand is finally being offered because of his failure to get support here.

However, I give him the benefit of my doubt and accept his apology for his actions on the other forum. I extend that acceptance to his behavior here.

One of the benefits of open, public forums is healthy debate. That debate should never be taken to a level of personal attacks on someone with a differing opinion. Opinions and those that hold them should be shown respect by those in disagreement.

Hopefully this is the end of this issue.

I hope Jason follows DieClash's path and stops trying to PM- diss me.

Good to hear your resolution, you have a good personality.

Dear derryb,

Cheers!

Kirk

This whole affair began with a false, derrogatory accusation in a public form. When I immediately provided proof that the accusation was false, instead of receiving an apology, I was further blasted with name calling and private messages. When the other party failed to cease with the harrassment I started a thread that asked how to prevent PMs from an (unnamed) member. He continued with the same behavior in that thread and was subsequently banned from that forum. He then brought his fight here. I suspect the apology that could have put a quick end to this before it got out of hand is finally being offered because of his failure to get support here.

However, I give him the benefit of my doubt and accept his apology for his actions on the other forum. I extend that acceptance to his behavior here.

One of the benefits of open, public forums is healthy debate. That debate should never be taken to a level of personal attacks on someone with a differing opinion. Opinions and those that hold them should be shown respect by those in disagreement.

Been there done that and I dont feel sorry for ya.........

Dear derryb,

Cheers!

Kirk

Hey derryb, I appreciate you stepping up. I assure you that internal behavioral review led more to the mea culpa than anything. I trashed you irresponsibly and you were "smarter" than me as you indicated. People who drink should not post!

Cheers!

Kirk

P.S. keep posting here, you've got a lot to add here!..."just sayin'" :grin: