• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this Mint set

16 posts in this topic

Interesting how in this "1957" set, the minor coins that I can see the date on are 1956. This must be a magic set that the coins can change dates.

Interesting how in this "1957" set, the minor coins that I can see the date on are 1956. This must be a magic set that the coins can change dates.

The devil is in the details :devil:

The minor coins have 1956 dates on them, and the Franklin half dollars are replacements (most likely), or they have been dipped. :(

Well at least the paper holder is pink, which is the right color for a 1957 mint set. That is the only year where that was case. Give them credit for getting something right. ;)

And it is only HALF of the mint set. He says it is ONE full board, but the 1957 was a double set, four halves, four quarters, four dimes etc. He also says the outer mailer was lost, yet the coin holder is shown SITTING ON THE MAILER!

And it is only HALF of the mint set. He says it is ONE full board, but the 1957 was a double set, four halves, four quarters, four dimes etc. He also says the outer mailer was lost, yet the coin holder is shown SITTING ON THE MAILER!

Just look who the seller is and go figure!

Jim

All I can do is laugh at this point.... :popcorn:

Some poor guy will buy it :(

If he does, I'll be getting what he deserves. If you are too lazy to use the zoom feature and see that the dates are wrong, and if you don't do enough research to know that a mint set contains at least two packages of coins, even in the most recent years, then you are one dumb cluck. :insane:

The minor coins have 1956 dates on them, and the Franklin half dollars are replacements (most likely), or they have been dipped. :(

That's the first thing I noticed...the Franklins were so out of place. I'm not a big fan of this stuff so I didn't even bother with looking closely. So this is the same guy that Joe had a problem with? He has TWO eBay names, eh? Captivating Coins and Northern Nickels. OK, got it.

Note to self: Avoid dealers that have two eBay names at the same time.

jom

Here is the answer....

Dear erwindoc,

Thank you for the heads up, I looked and sure enough, at some point some coins were switched around, I updated the description to reflect this accurately, thank you again for your attention to details! - Amanda

- northernnickels

Here is the answer....

Dear erwindoc,

Thank you for the heads up, I looked and sure enough, at some point some coins were switched around, I updated the description to reflect this accurately, thank you again for your attention to details! - Amanda

- northernnickels

Amanda? Hmmmm....I guess she does the "NorthernNickels" And he does the "captivatingcoins" I would amagin it's hard to keep up with all of the great deals they offer lol...