• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grassroots Movement to Get RWB Re-instated ATS

19 posts in this topic

There is quite a thread started ATS to get RWB re-instated there. I’m not so sure that he really wants to return. At any rate the opinion is not unanimous with a couple of the usual suspects taking the party line. One I will politely call “The Stateist.”

At any it rate will be interesting to see of the powers at be offer an olive branch. :foryou:

These ~reinstatement ~ threads all ways intrigue me as to who is behind them and who opposes the reinstatement of the said offender. Sometimes their banning is circumstantial and that is unfortunate.

I have seen posters banned on a whim and I have seen those who seemingly push the buttons knowing they will get the hammer...but at least they got their opinion out however short the thread may last before being nuked.

How ever this turns out will, the powers that be will not grovel at RWB's feet to ask him to come back, but I do feel there is an opportunity to take a second look at the dismissal, an appeal if you wish to call it, to overturn the lower court.

Good luck RWB, just glad you are at least here!

I have found those types of threads over there interesting to read. There is a lot of politics and buddy groups there. I hate to see it spill over here.

Just like Dr Michael Savage has been banned in Britain, there are many posting here who are no longer welcome ATS including myself. If your posts there don't tow the politically correct line, or offend the forums corporate sponsors, or happen to offend some buddy group, well then your out.

Hmmm...I love grilled salmon!

FYI - The first coin message board posts I made were on NGC, and somewhat later on PGCS. Both are interesting and each has its own character, defined by the members and the board owners. (NGC has a research expert on staff!)

My comments, whether here or there, reflect my research and opinions and not necessarily those of the board owners. At times, that might be a problem since I do get a bit cynical and sarcastic and humorous all mixed up together. (As most of you know, the government lawyers tried to discredit my Langboard testimony by digging up a couple of old PCGS posts.)

However things work, it's OK - I enjoy good relationships with people in both companies and wish them all continued success.

Well I'm sure that Rogers knowledge would be greatly appreciated in any coin forum. If the, powers to be, ATS would rather set thier goals to only having individuals who praise them, then it is that forum that loses out on the knowledge that these forums were orinially based on in the first place. I'm glad that NGC is much more lenient towards an individuals opinion and doesn't take it soo personally as they do ATS.

There is quite a thread started ATS to get RWB re-instated there. I’m not so sure that he really wants to return. At any rate the opinion is not unanimous with a couple of the usual suspects taking the party line. One I will politely call “The Stateist.”

At any it rate will be interesting to see of the powers at be offer an olive branch. :foryou:

Frankly, I think you are reading your own biases in what you think of "the stateist's" post. I really don't see how you can read what he said as in anyway actually supporting corporate censorship.

The "Politburo" ATS will be it's own demise. So be it. Their forum, their rules. All hale Don Willis. I've heard he used to be collector friendly? What happened Don? hm

Too many off topic posts there anyway for me, i.e., eBay, who passed away and who's pet died, etc., etc. I'm a very caring person but a coin forum is not the place for this in my opinion. We all have loses in our lives and I feel we should deal with those losses in a more personal manner.

Frankly, I think you are reading your own biases in what you think of "the stateist's" post. I really don't see how you can read what he said as in anyway actually supporting corporate censorship.

Yea, well the guy who wrote this is a total government control freak. Others who have had dealings with him know exactly what I mean. He's a fellow who is 100% in favor of having authority figures control others provided they leave him alone. ;) In other words he's not my kind of fellow. But I did not provide a name.

Sometimes, our Basic Courtesy and Logic becomes overwhelmed.

The result is never pleasing to anyone, and usually results in being treated in Kind.

And that is the reason for my voluntary departure from ATS. It just never seemed to stop.

I am aware my departure had no impact one way or the other, and doesn't matter, nor should it.

But (there is always a "but"), people do get tired of discourtesy eventually, and resentment starts to increase.

That may be a Gain to this Forum, if we can continue to act with Courtesy, and not mimic.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

"Olive Branch"....Hmmm, I don't even have an olive for my martini!

Seriously - It appears that Don Willis has had several posts, referred to above, deleted. I don't know if the posters were given warnings or simply banned. My indiscretion in embarrassing Mr. Willis, should not adversely impact others.

While I appreciate everyone's concern, please do not jeopardize your individual abilities to post messages wherever you want by referring to my status on the PCGS boards.

While I appreciate everyone's concern, please do not jeopardize your individual abilities to post messages wherever you want by referring to my status on the PCGS boards.

In other words, don't act like or become a lemming.