• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1930 Buffalo Nickel....It was a long search....

17 posts in this topic

This is a tough date if ya want "full" details. Most all of the 1930 Buffs are kinda weakly struck in the central locations but possess super duper luster in mint state grades as this 66 I'm showing here. Any marks ya see here are minimal and most are striations. This is a dazzling piece and shows like a superstar.

030-1.jpg

022-2.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments are always welcome....Joe

I really want to find a nice MS66 or MS67 common date buffalo just because they look amazing!

Don't over look the 1937-S if ya want a lustrous well struck Buffs for a good price. I think you can land a goreous piece for little $. I have two 1937-S Buffs, one is a pcgs 65 in a rattler and the other is a 66 ngc. Both are amazing coins.

Jom your 1930 Buff is beautiful as all of the coins you show. Thanks to all for your kind words it is always appreciated....Joe

Don't over look the 1937-S if ya want a lustrous well struck Buffs for a good price. I think you can land a goreous piece for little $. I have two 1937-S Buffs, one is a pcgs 65 in a rattler and the other is a 66 ngc. Both are amazing coins.

You know I always thought the 38-D was typically a well struck piece. It certainly is common but do you find the 37-S is better? I never paid all that much attention to the dates after 1931 so I'm not entirely sure....I need to "brush up" on my Buffalo nickle info again....

jom

You know I always thought the 38-D was typically a well struck piece. It certainly is common but do you find the 37-S is better? I never paid all that much attention to the dates after 1931 so I'm not entirely sure....I need to "brush up" on my Buffalo nickle info again....

jom

The luster. The luster seems to always be booming in grades 65 and up, more so than any other "S" or any other common date Buff for that matter. It's also an overlooked Buff as most are going for the 38-D to be the one for the money.

072.jpg

074.jpg

The above Buff the "blue" one is an NGC 66, I put to much light on the reverse image or my shuuter speed was to slow.. The one below is a pcgs 65 rattler. These are both very lustrous Buffs and I paid little money for them. I purchased the 66 raw and most folks had questioned the color thinking it would body bag, but it didn't. I think the 37-P is the most common Buff of them all, at least it seems that way to me. The 38-D was hoarded as it was the last year of the series so ya see a lot of ms graded 38-D's and you can still find rolls.

076-1.jpg

078-1.jpg

Sweet looking Buffs you got there Joe. Particularly the 1930. :applause:

Thanks Sky. It's one of those squinty eyed Indian Nickels. Like he's been smokin the peace pipe. I wonder what was in those peace pipes? Some date the eye is open and others the eye is squinty, like this one.

I wonder what was in those peace pipes? Some date the eye is open and others the eye is squinty, like this one.

pimp.gif

jom