• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NT or AT

31 posts in this topic

Whether the pics are juiced or not I don't know. However, I should point out that the devices (such as the date or motto) have the same toning as the fields around it. That is a marker of NOT toning in an album or bag. Thus the probability of it being AT is higher.

jom

Wanted to add also, I'm thinking the colors aren't as bright as the pic shows. The edges of the coin give me an indication of the way NT looks. Usually AT carries a more solid color without breaking up like this coin has. I'm not real good with vibrant color like this and I could be wrong. (shrug)

I have never seen toning like THAT on a Peace before. Besides, it would have been all over the "Post your most recent Acquisition" Forum by now and would have made the front page of COINage. I think Shane's Peace is top-teir!

I have never seen toning like THAT on a Peace before. Besides, it would have been all over the "Post your most recent Acquisition" Forum by now and would have made the front page of COINage. I think Shane's Peace is top-teir!

Never seen a kennedy quite like this but it does not mean its AT

Monster.png

.. Wow. I like the rainbow and white stripes on the head of that 64!

Itching to see if that Peace is NT or AT! NT, I'll contact Yeoman and tell him to put it in the next Red Book!

Itching to see if that Peace is NT or AT! NT, I'll contact Yeoman and tell him to put it in the next Red Book!

I have got to go to bed on that note. The white stripes are a finger print.... which led me to sell it :)

have a good night! Dont eat too much pop corn!

Thanks for all of your opinions. Im gonna pass. Its raw, I cant see a pic of the reverse, and the price isnt right.

Im being told the black on the rims which started to convince me is possibly from anodizing (interesting)

I have got to go to bed on that note. The white stripes are a finger print.... which led me to sell it :)

Fingerprints increasing value ???doh!:banana::o???

Fingerprints increasing value ???doh!:banana::o???

If you only knew

My cat could take better pictures. I don't understand why people can't take half-way decent pictures. Digital cameras are cheap, and most phones can take better pics than this one. Sigh....

My cat could take better pictures. I don't understand why people can't take half-way decent pictures. Digital cameras are cheap, and most phones can take better pics than this one. Sigh....

??? What the :censored:

Jom- Thats not always a teller. If you see here the fields remain consistent with the devices

AntietamReverse.png

Can't see this one too well. Do you have a large photo of this one. I'd like a closer look. If this is an auction lot maybe you can get me a link.

Thanks

jom

I cant tell you if its AT or NT from the photo, but I can tell you that there is far too much blue in the overall picture, the bluish white background should be white and the shadow shouldnt be purplish looking.

As for toning going up on the devices as a sign that its AT, I dont believe that at all (unless it's different for silver) because I have a 1980 S Penny that has the toning going up onto the raised devices.

DSCF0212.jpg

here it is sitting in the OGP

1980proofset1.jpg

heres the reverse with same degree of toning

1980proofset2.jpg

Some comments on the coins shown in this thread - the Peace is unquestionably AT, ugly, and worth about silver value. The Lincoln is natural, that type of toning is common on proof sets of that era.

The Kennedy, however, is absolutely magnificent. Perfectly natural, stunningly beautiful, and I have seen a number like it. That Kennedy would sell for $500 or $600, easily.

Some comments on the coins shown in this thread - the Peace is unquestionably AT, ugly, and worth about silver value. The Lincoln is natural, that type of toning is common on proof sets of that era.

The Kennedy, however, is absolutely magnificent. Perfectly natural, stunningly beautiful, and I have seen a number like it. That Kennedy would sell for $500 or $600, easily.

Im not saying its AT. I sold it for way more than you are suggesting. Its probably tacky to write how much I sold it for considering the owner might be a poster here.