• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Information on Mark Petty. R.I.P

11 posts in this topic

I do not know how to do a link. He was an extraordiary kid. I will miss him dearly.

Mark Anthony Petty [Obituary]

[Funeral/Service]

[Condolences]

Mark Anthony Petty, age 21, died on Saturday, September 3, 2011, unexpectedly in New York City of natural causes resulting from complications of Crohn's Disease. Mark was full of life and shared his good nature with everyone he met. Mark was an Honors Student and Cincinnatus Award holder at the University of Cincinnati, entering his senior year in the Schools of Engineering and Business. He is preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Theodore E. Burnett. Mark is survived by parents, Mary Ann Petty and Stephen Petty; brother, Matthew; sister, Melanie (Joe) Pizzino; maternal grandmother, Betty Burnett; paternal grandmother, Claudia Petty; paternal grandfather, C. Eugene (Donna) Petty; uncles, David, Alan and Robert (Karla) Petty; cousins, Lance, Jenniffer and Jacob Petty and numerous close family members and friends. He was a Life Member of Columbus Ohio Numismatic Association (CONA), Cincinnati Numismatic Association (CNA), Central States Numismatic Society (CSNS), Liberty Seated Collector's Club (LSCC) and American Numismatic Association (ANA). Friends may call FRIDAY, September 9, 2011, at the JOHN QUINT TREBONI FUNERAL HOME, 1177 W. 5th Avenue, from 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM followed by a Prayer Service. Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 AM on SATURDAY, September 10, at St. John the Baptist Italian Catholic Church, 720 Hamlet Street, Rev. Fr. William A. Metzger, Presider. FRIENDS ARE ASKED TO MEET AT THE CHURCH. Interment will follow at the St. Joseph Cemetery, 6440 South High Street, Lockbourne, Ohio. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. John the Baptist Italian Catholic Church in Mark's honor. A perpetual memorial (Mark Petty Memorial Fund) has been set up to sponsor future young numismatics in c/o the Columbus Foundation, 1234 E. Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio, 43205. Condolences may be sent via www.johnquint.com.

There is no known pharmaceutical or surgical cure for Crohn's disease. Treatment options are restricted to controlling symptoms, maintaining remission, and preventing relapse.

I know little about this malady that took his life at such an early age...if treated, I did not think it was fatal. Such a great loss to our community.

Very sad whether you know the gentleman or not...21 and full of life and with a bright future ahead of him :(

Agreed!

:cry: +1 :cry:

I know nothing whatever about this person or circumstances. But for ANY life to be shortened to 21 years is heartbreaking beyond belief. It serves to remind the rest of us to make the most of our own time, and to strive to leave the world a better place than when we were brought into it.

My sincerest condolences to the family.

I know little about this malady that took his life at such an early age...if treated, I did not think it was fatal.

Same here, although I know quite a few people suffering from this disease.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Paul