• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's the weekend. Post a Mint set toned coin from 1947 to 1958.

53 posts in this topic

Skyman, Those are some real beauties. Really pretty pastels. I have a few of these sets and it seems every time I pull them out to look at em the toning looks heavier. Maybe I should store them differently, hmmmmm? At any rate here's a couple of mine....Joe

021-2.jpg

023-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

029-2.jpg

Hey, here's that 47 Washie that some teller dropped into my hand at Compass Bank years back. Not toned really, but lots of meat left on the bone!

(Recently posted)

Peace and trust will win the day!

OP

115178.jpg.19879a25007c274cb0148c3feb59976d.jpg

They never made double mint sets in 1950 .

Interesting, didn't know that. Well, its still a typical look for a 1950. To make up for it, here is another 1958, graded 65* (although its not nearly as nice as Ty's right above me). In hand, the reverse is far more neon, with green and electric blue shining like Bourbon Street.

1958dFrankNGC65starObv_37.jpg

1958dFrankNGC65starRev_24.jpg

Jason, that is a well above average '50-D toner. Given that there were no mint sets that year it's a tough year to find nicely toned.

sc1948WA.jpg

sc1948WArev.jpg