• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone seen this site?

23 posts in this topic

Thanks for the comic relief. Did you read their 21.4% positive feedback comments? When are people going to realize that any one can put up an internet store and sell fake Morgan Dollars.

Of course all of the images used are stolen and you are not going to get the coin, jewelry, electronics, etc. that is pictured.

Rip off central c/o Hong Kong.

Carl

It scares the out of me. How do they get away with this? even CAC stickers!!!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/407663/211122680/Morgan-Dollar.html

Fake as fake can be. They list an 1887CC Morgan, NGC certified MS67 for $10.99 each?

That coin has an NGC value of $4220.

Well, a 10 dollar Liberty Gold Eagle for $18.00 is the deal of a lifetime, is it not? What's holding ya back?....BUY, BUY!!!!! No don't do that...This is the biggest rip I've ever seen....How the heck can they get away with this?

Better question, who is stupid enough to fall for it?

Me. Because I need to get my hands on some of the counterfeit slabs for close in hand examination. I don't like doing it, but I can't buy the fakes off ebay. The prices keep getting run up by people who think they are real, or the auctions get canceled by vigilant collectors who report them to eBay. People say they are common at shows, but I'm not seeing them, and no dealer I ask about them is willing to admit to having them. So I'm going to have to go to the source.

[i need to get my hands on some of the counterfeit slabs for close in hand examination. I don't like doing it, but I can't buy the fakes off ebay. The prices keep getting run up by people who think they are real, or the auctions get canceled by vigilant collectors who report them to eBay. People say they are common at shows, but I'm not seeing them, and no dealer I ask about them is willing to admit to having them. So I'm going to have to go to the source.

Great idea!

Better question, who is stupid enough to fall for it?

Me. Because I need to get my hands on some of the counterfeit slabs for close in hand examination. I don't like doing it, but I can't buy the fakes off ebay. The prices keep getting run up by people who think they are real, or the auctions get canceled by vigilant collectors who report them to eBay. People say they are common at shows, but I'm not seeing them, and no dealer I ask about them is willing to admit to having them. So I'm going to have to go to the source.

It is so much easier to buy fraudulent coins directly from China and save money by cutting out the E-bay middleman. In business we call this concept disintermediation. :grin:

Conder, I understand your idea of getting hold of fake slabs but there is a problem in dealing with crooks, you can depend on them to be dishonest but you can't depend on HOW they will be dishonest. There is too much risk involved in even dealing with the site. I would council you not to follow up on this idea.

It scares the out of me. How do they get away with this? even CAC stickers!!!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/407663/211122680/Morgan-Dollar.html

Fake as fake can be. They list an 1887CC Morgan, NGC certified MS67 for $10.99 each?

That coin has an NGC value of $4220.

Did you get that price quote from a Chinese made counterfeit NGC website? There is no 1887 CC Morgan Dollar.

It is so much easier to buy fraudulent coins directly from China and save money by cutting out the E-bay middleman. In business we call this concept disintermediation.

But I have no interest in the coins. I'm interested in the slabs.

Conder, I understand your idea of getting hold of fake slabs but there is a problem in dealing with crooks, you can depend on them to be dishonest but you can't depend on HOW they will be dishonest. There is too much risk involved in even dealing with the site. I would council you not to follow up on this idea.

If I do make a purchase I will probably us the Wester Union method of payment so that the most I have at risk is the amount I pay (no risk of them getting my credit card#) The prices are low enough that if I get ripped off for that amount it won't hurt me. Considering what I have paid for some of the junk holders I've had to buy this is a small risk. And if they do ship me the fake slabs I will be quite happy with the amount spent.

It is so much easier to buy fraudulent coins directly from China and save money by cutting out the E-bay middleman. In business we call this concept disintermediation.

But I have no interest in the coins. I'm interested in the slabs.

If I do make a purchase I will probably us the Wester Union method of payment so that the most I have at risk is the amount I pay (no risk of them getting my credit card#) The prices are low enough that if I get ripped off for that amount it won't hurt me. Considering what I have paid for some of the junk holders I've had to buy this is a small risk. And if they do ship me the fake slabs I will be quite happy with the amount spent.

If you are successful in acquiring the referenced pieces, would you be willing to take detailed images and post them here along with your thoughts and analysis about the grade and quality level of the counterfeits? I actually had the same idea that you did, but decided not to act on it because of concerns about the seller's ethics in other venues (i.e. criminal enterprise, fraud (besides the counterfeit coins) etc., etc.)

As previously noted almost all of the images appear to have been copied/pasted from ebay sellers, however, even though the cert# checked out, the Font on this fellow's PCGS label looks a little off to me.......probably just my eyes getting worse.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/441374249-1929-GOLD-20-silver-Dollar-Early-PCGS-COIN-COINS-Christmas-gift-Morgan-dollars-wholesalers.html

Add~ If anyone here uses Auctiva as an image hosting site, be advised that it has (within this past year) been aquired by Alibaba, so your payment source on file with them is now part of the Chinese data banks. SPOOKY :-(