• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set - new Reverse Proof!

15 posts in this topic

Mint announced plans for a 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle set:

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=press_release&id=1276

Limited to 100,000 mintage, 5 per household.

I have the 2006 20th Anniversary set (MS/PF70) and think the reverse proof looks really cool. So, I'm excited about the new sets. =)

That'll be a nice set probably gonna cost at least $300 I would guess.

I was thinking they would go for about this level too, as long as silver stays about where it is now. ATS the speculations on price seemed to be more in the $350 - $500 range. I can't see the mint charging $100/oz. on these when they "only" charged $56/oz. on the ATB 5oz coins.

That'll be a nice set probably gonna cost at least $300 I would guess.

I was thinking they would go for about this level too, as long as silver stays about where it is now. ATS the speculations on price seemed to be more in the $350 - $500 range. I can't see the mint charging $100/oz. on these when they "only" charged $56/oz. on the ATB 5oz coins.

The ATB's aren't Proofs where they already charge $60 an oz. Throw in the special Box Packaging and the 100,000 limit and they can charge whatever they want.

The 3 coin 20th Anniversary Set was sold at $33.33/oz when silver was only $12.50/oz. Thats more than double. Using the same ratio's, $450-$500 is not out of the realm of possibilities. Especially if silver keeps creeping upward.

I forgot to mention, lots of folks thought the 5oz ATB's would be sold at $99.

I think this would be a neat set to have in a NGC multi holder. Too bad they stopped doing those.

They still offer them on bulk submissions. I'm sure places like Modern Coin Mart will be buying the mint sets from customers and then having them graded, maybe a few in the multiholders?

The set will be composed of:

* one proof coin from the United States Mint at West Point

* one uncirculated coin from the United States Mint at West Point

* one uncirculated coin from the United States Mint at San Francisco

* one reverse proof coin

* one bullion coin

Two previously unannounced (key) coins:

One uncirculated coin from the United States Mint at San Francisco - Will it have mint mark?

One reverse proof coin

This is a big deal. Too bad they didn't include a 2009 proof. :grin:

How cool will that be? The key question is what is the price be and will the public be able to afford it? Perhaps a reality check for the folks in Washington? Don't forget the initial price surge of the 2006 set and how it has fallen since. Perhaps a flippers dream?????? Count me in anyway :)

I just thought of something: NGC will probably offer an “Official Anniversary Label” label for these coins. If you are interested in getting the coins certified with that label, you may have to submit your coins in an unopened mint shipping box. NGC will need to authenticate your submission to avoid coin substitutions. I am sure NGC will announce what procedures must be followed before the coins go on sale.

Keeping up with these is about to drive me crazy. Short trip I know :pullhair:

I have a complete set to this point but I'm about ready to give up trying to keep up.

Stop in insanity!!! :pullhair:

Ok, I guess I have to buy one.... aarrrrggg

Is the mint going to release a 30 year anniversary too? 35, 40....

I do like the Silver Eagles

OP

Being this set will be limited to 100,000. In my opinion this is definately the only purchase that is needed to be made this year from the U.S. Mint. for a possible fast profit. When the 20th anniversary sets came out I purchased 10 sets. As soon as the sets sold out, they were selling 7x the purchase price. I held on to mine and have been selling them recently for 3.5 - 4 x the original purchase price. I will be purchasing my limit of 5 and possibly getting someone to purchase 5 more for me. If I am not mistaken there will be 2 coins in this set of 5 that will only be offered in this set.