• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D ick Osburn Collection at Stacks

13 posts in this topic

Anyone watch the bidding on the D ick Osburn Collection at Stacks tonight? He auctioned his complete collection of Seated Liberty Halves, and many of them were excellent coins. D ick is a really nice guy, I had the pleasure of meeting him at the last FUN show, where I showed him my PL Seated Dime (which he really liked). Bidding seemed spirited on high grade or attractive coins, but anything short of that was getting only moderate bidding. The Seated Liberty series seems to be perennially unpopular.

As for the Stacks live feed - I think it needs some work. The audio is horrible, Heritage has that part much better. The bidding interface is also not quite as polished as Heritage's, Stacks does not allow you to cut bid online. Overall, I was quite pleased to take part in this auction, and witness a truly great collection being sold.

And of course, y'all know I can't resist a good PL half! So, here it is, the D ick Osburn example of the 1886 Seated Half, graded NGC MS-64 PL (now in the Poe Collection):

134744_01.jpg

134744_02.jpg

Haha, edited because the nanny-bot spooned D-ick's name!

lol Of all the coins that I've seen you post so far; I think that this SLH is the nicest coin that I have seen to date!

Congrats!!!!!! A Big Thumbs Up on this one!! :thumbsup:

I'm partial, as I LOVE this series, too!

lol Of all the coins that I've seen you post so far; I think that this SLH is the nicest coin that I have seen to date!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. Can't wait to get this beauty in hand.