• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niobium Coins

7 posts in this topic

I have admired the niobium/silver series from Austria and Luxembourg and see that Canada is beginning a new series, what do you think about these coins. Are they future winners or just a unique modern series.

Thanks,

-Marty

My father has been buying the Austrian pieces but if it was up to me I would not be buying them. I think they are a gimmick and not worth the money.

I like them but they're generally not worth the price, especially the current set of 4 from Canada. Seriously -- $122 for an 8-gram coin made of silver and niobium -> $488 for the set? I think not.

That said ...

2009_austria_galileo_MSPR_large.jpg

Pukes...

I simply hate niob coins the colors are just wrong. Every coin is colored with ugly colors and there are too many of them.

I would not invest in them. I repeat do not put any money on these coins.

Also:

If you like niob coins search also very ugly laser painted 2€ euro coins (all these colored 2€ coin come from Polish factories[Poland is an European country].) Example pics are on the bottom of this post)

1moe1125robotic.JPG

austrian_bimetalic_niobium.jpg

Austrian-Renewable-Energy-Bimetallic-Silver-Niobium-Coin.jpg

Austria-2009-25-Euro-Year-Of-Astronomy-Silver-Niobium-Galileo-Coin.jpg

Links to laser colored 2 euro coins:

[*] 2 euro san marino "laser colored"

[*] 2€ Greece colored

[*] 2€ Germany colored

[*] spain 2€ colored

[*] suprise coins ; )