• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think this 1961 D Franklin would grade?

9 posts in this topic

The coin is non fbl that is for sure. The pic I agree is bad and was not intended to show luster (my lighting setup broke). Coin is lustrous and is more silver in color than gold in hand. The thing is I've seen many 61d's in my time and this coin is super clean! Marks wise only what do you think it would grade. Basically what's your opinion on the "technical" grade? I got a funny feeling this one is gonna go a 66 :o

I'm going with a gut of 65+ but no FBL There are a few hits that might keep it from the + or 66 range...can't really tell if that is a hit on the number 9 or not though. Nice Frankie, would look good in a Dansco.

The coin is non fbl that is for sure. The pic I agree is bad and was not intended to show luster (my lighting setup broke). Coin is lustrous and is more silver in color than gold in hand. The thing is I've seen many 61d's in my time and this coin is super clean! Marks wise only what do you think it would grade. Basically what's your opinion on the "technical" grade? I got a funny feeling this one is gonna go a 66 :o

DJ, impossible to tell the grade from those pictures, as I said before. Luster is a crucial factor in the higher grades. I'm quite sure it won't go 66, but if the luster is all there you may get a 65. 65's are incredibly hard to come by on 60's Franklins, though, so I wouldn't count on it.

my opinion is that it is probably in a slab with a higher grade and designation than it deserves by my standards

and even though I wouldn't pay more than $40 or it,

someone may pay a few hundred if the plastic tomb says MS65fbl