• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prooflike Half Dime

6 posts in this topic

Just got this little beauty in the mail from Heritage. It is now my earliest prooflike, by a margin of 20 years. This tiny little coin shines with strongly mirrored surfaces, over which the most attractive blue toning has formed. The reverse is far more reflective than the obverse, but both sides definitely qualify for prooflike. This piece is totally original.

The prooflike characteristics seem to have been formed by die polish, as evidenced by die polish lines covering both sides. The strike is quite strong, with all stars fully formed. I am quite pleased with this coin, although the grade of 64PL seems a bit low. Tell me what you think!

IMG_8330.jpg

IMG_8349.jpg

IMG_8352.jpg

Woo hoo Jason! What a great pickup. You can't beat a PL Bustie.

You'll be seeing this one in the not-too-distant future, Bob, and then you won't think so highly of it. This itty-bitty coin is buried so far in white plastic that you need a telescopic lens just to see the blasted thing.

Woo hoo Jason! What a great pickup. You can't beat a PL Bustie.

You'll be seeing this one in the not-too-distant future, Bob, and then you won't think so highly of it. This itty-bitty coin is buried so far in white plastic that you need a telescopic lens just to see the blasted thing.

We'll try to surprise you. :wishluck: