• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registered Mail Inquiry

11 posts in this topic

I shipped a package from the Richmond, Virginia area to Texas on June 28, 2011; however, the post office website isn't showing any additional details. The coin was sent by registered mail. Is anyone else having issues with this service? I know that it takes a bit longer, but given the "chain of command' required for registered packages, I would have anticipated a status update online by now. Any advice would be appreciated.

The Post Office is under no obligation to update the status of this package until it is delivered. Registered Mail is tracked internally. If an update shows up online, it is only because someone scanned it in.

The Post Office is under no obligation to update the status of this package until it is delivered. Registered Mail is tracked internally. If an update shows up online, it is only because someone scanned it in.

That's true. I've had the same experiences. It will probably be delivered tomorrow.

Others have already stated it, but I will repeat it; Registered Mail does not undergo regular status updates for the public to review. The status of the package is tracked internally. Shipping on June 28 and having the package not arrive yet is not too long at all especially when one considers that there would have been no deliveries in the last two days.

Tidewater Virginia area to New Jersey on June 27th hasn't arrived yet either. As others have stated, USPS tracking shows that my item was received the day I dropped it off. It will update when a notice is left.

I still have a registered mail package sitting in southern florida that was droped off to USPS on the 29th. Their website claims the package has left the location, but when I asked at the local postal office, they stated to me that it is STILL sitting in southern florida. The reason given to me was "the location the package is at is much larger, no one was available to sign for it as of yet". To me that does not make sense, but well, its the USPS. They can give you the worst service ever, and theres no other choice but to continue using them for most day to day mailing needs.

-Chris#2

Thanks everyone for the responses. Fortunately the package did arrive today. Usually I don't watch the tracking information as often, but I was in the process of completing a trade, and I wanted to make sure that the other party was satisfied before I paid to send my new coin to CAC.

I still have a registered mail package sitting in southern florida that was droped off to USPS on the 29th. Their website claims the package has left the location, but when I asked at the local postal office, they stated to me that it is STILL sitting in southern florida. The reason given to me was "the location the package is at is much larger, no one was available to sign for it as of yet". To me that does not make sense, but well, its the USPS. They can give you the worst service ever, and theres no other choice but to continue using them for most day to day mailing needs.

-Chris#2

Registered Mail was created for secure delivery rather than for speed.

I've worked for Canada Post for 32 years and I've never lost or misdelivered,

at least to my knowledge, a registered letter or package. Relax, it will get there.

Registered Mail was created for secure delivery rather than for speed.

I've worked for Canada Post for 32 years and I've never lost or misdelivered,

at least to my knowledge, a registered letter or package. Relax, it will get there.

That's perfectly fine, the issue is, when I sent the package down there from here it took exactly 3 days. Same service, same cost, same insurance, and more than likely, even the same route. In fact, any and all mail that I send to my family in the same area only takes 3 days reguardless of service selected. There's really no other excuse aside from they really have no idea where the package is. Already this morning I spoke with the local office manager, he called to the location that the package is supposed to still be at, they have no clue where it is within the building if its even there. I was told however that they will do what they can to locate it and call me with an update as soon as it is located. Now its just a waiting game for someone to get off a chair and actually look. The office manager I spoke with today said that if its not found in the next 24 hours he will submit a claim for a lost shipment.

I just shipped registered to Sarasota and it took from July 1 to July 8 with no updates when tracking was checked online. I was worried too but today it arrived at NGC. All I can say is registered is sometimes slow and supplies no tracking information. Sooner or later it will get there. I was told that The Hope Diamond was shipped to the Smithsonian via Registered Mail.