• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Super 4th Of July Weekend

50 posts in this topic

Best wishes to all for a fun and safe holiday.

Chris

Photo courtesy of Stephanie, aka Coinsarefun.

113200-1.jpg

I went to a Capital 4th celebration while living in DC in 1996, sat on the Capitol steps the whole evening with a Dutch, French, New Zealander, and a fellow American - er ah, when they shot the fireworks off to the west between the Lincoln and Washington Memorials, I don't remember a silver eagle flying over us....... (shrug)

20 years earlier, we attended the Bicentennial 4th of July Celebration in DC. All three bridges flanking the Tidal Basin were closed to traffic to accommodate parking. We parked the car on Arlington Memorial Bridge and walked to the Tidal Basin. There were about 2 million people who attended the fireworks show, and when it ended around midnight, my car didn't move an inch until 4am. We finally made our way north to M Street and headed west toward Maryland, stopping at the Little Tavern on M Street to order 4 dozen mini-burgers for the six of us. We finally made it home at 7 am.

Chris

Yup we had an 'experienced' DC resident that anticipated this, we parked about 1 mile to the north of the Mall in a district called Columbia Heights. 20 minute walk after the FW finished, but we got home around 1-2 am up in Chevy Chase.

Still, one time, it is worth it to be on the Mall on the 4th, never will see so many people in one place again, and it was fun!

Happy 4th!

Happy Birthday America!!! :applause:

Congratulations Bobby!!! I wish them a long and happy life together.

SC1849E2.jpg

SC1849ERev.jpg

I am going to 6 different parties this weekend. Just got back from the first, where we opened a 1984 Penfolds Grange Hermitage. The wine was magnificent, and then they told me it was a $1000 bottle.

I am going to 6 different parties this weekend. Just got back from the first, where we opened a 1984 Penfolds Grange Hermitage. The wine was magnificent, and then they told me it was a $1000 bottle.

:o

1934Dfcobv1B.jpg

Nice stuff so far! :)

Taking some Grandkid's to the movies tomorrow. It doesn't get any better than that. :)

2011-5-Medal-of-Honor-Commemorative-Proof-Gold-Coin-US-Mint-images.jpg

MOH_Slab_Obv.jpg

:o

1934Dfcobv1B.jpg

Yep, I really like the looks of this here BUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice....

My most recent purchase. Fireworks went off in my head when I first saw it. Congrat's bsshog40! MJ

25585088.jpg

MJ: Oh yeah...saw that at Coin Online or whatever they are called. Cool!...however I still have no idea what it is. lol

jom

Well a bunch of nice coins. Thanks everyone for the congrats also. Hopw it was ok to post this.

(thumbs u

VDB1COBV1C.jpg

Well a bunch of nice coins. Thanks everyone for the congrats also. Hopw it was ok to post this.

IMG_5382.jpg

Bobby, anything you want to do is okay with me!

Best wishes,

Chris

Thanks TJ

Happy Fourth everyone.

1993-P%20JEFFERSON%20OBV.jpg1993-P%20JEFFERSON%20REV.jpg

Hey FatMan do you still have yours in the original packaging? When I first bought mine in June 1999 the nickel had some reverse toning which I found out later was somewhat common from the set.

Now I noticed that not only has the reverse of the nickel fully toned but the dollar is as well.

5c-1994p_small.jpg

1d-1993p-Jeff_small.jpg

Notice that it's the reverses that are toned and in the set these face the $2 bill when folded normally. Interesting. hm

jom