• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANSWER POSTED! GTG: 1796 Draped Bust, small eagle silver dollar

19 posts in this topic

VF35 would be my guess. These high dollar pieces have me thinking "market grading" a lot because I really believe it's a technical VF25.

The answer is:

NGC VF-25!

That's the perfect grade, in my opinion. I absolutely love the velvet, salmon-grey patina, with just a few scattered ticks that seem appropriate for a moderately circulated dollar. Check out the nice die break over "RIC" on the reverse.

I would grade it VF-30. The obverse flirts with VF-35, but the reverse brings it back down to earth. It's decided better than the average VF.

nice coin and pick up :)

Sadly I've seen some examples of this type in AU holders that I didn't like as well, and I did not were as good. :P

I've been looking for a small eagle dollar for a while, and yours is exactly what I'm hoping to find! Beautiful coin! Patience is a virtue as so many of them have annoying problems.