• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada postal workers on strike

5 posts in this topic

Just a heads up if anyone has business wIth Canada, Canada postal workers are on strike. They are only accepting global express packages which is about 35 USD for an envelope.

Yeah, I found that out when I tried to mail a post card from Saulte Ste. Marie Ont. this week, after the Canucks sold me a $1.03 stamp then told me I couldn't mail it. If they bothered to mention it, I could have just mailed it across the border, so instead I left it with the hotel clerk and asked them to mail it whenever the Newmans and Cliff Clavins of Bizarro America decide to go back to work.

Yep, tried to mail a Registered Mail package there yesterday. Told no. I was able to mail a regular package, but was told it was just going to sit in a bin until the strike is over.

I sold a platinum coin last week. The Canadian buyer says that if the strike wasn't over by this week. He's pay the shipping difference. So, I guess that's cool.