• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killer Diller rainbow delux!! Newpy dewpy dooooo!!

20 posts in this topic

I ran across this Buff one night on the bay. It was a buy it now and was listed for 20 minutes before I saw and bought. This Buffalo nickel has a strike you only dream about but never ever find. This Buff has gorgeous toning and has the apperance the Buffalo of plowing head strong into a rainbow, I really like that! This type 1 is clashed harder than any I have ever seen, and every way possible, take a look under the feather, and that's a little crack coming off the nose of Iron tail, not a scratch. Only a couple of minor little tics on this one. The luster is BOOMING and I'm a happy camper :grin: 1913-S type 1 and WOW!!!!! I'm going to go out on a limb and say MS-67 star :devil:

159-1.jpg

140-1.jpg

151.jpg

Here's my 13-S MS-66 for comparison.

027-4.jpg

028-5.jpg

Chalk another one up for Joe. Somebody's going to have to wrestle that keyboard away from you before you get 'em all. Where's Mrs. Joe????

Great pickup Joe. :cloud9:

I'd call it a an attractive MS66 star and don't think the obverse would warrant a 67. What is that line in front of the nose....looks like a scratch? Is it a die crack of some sort... hm

I'd call it a an attractive MS66 star and don't think the obverse would warrant a 67. What is that line in front of the nose....looks like a scratch? Is it a die crack of some sort... hm

Small die crack coming off the nose. I don't see any reason this coin won't go 67. But even at a 66 this coin is still very nice I really don't care because the price I payed it's still a ^^

Man, Oh Man! Somebody Pinch me,,,,,Are my Eyes playing Tricks on me ?

That has to be the Best Looking Buffalo I've EVER laid Eyes On!

Congrat',,,,,,Congrat',,,,,Congrat',,,,,,,Buffalo Head !

That has Incredible Toning ! Is This a Natural Toning ,,,,,

Or one of those heated lamps over the coin stuff,,,,,,IMAO',,,,,,get back

to me on that would you? Great Find! Stick that Lil' Puppy in a Beautiful

Wooden Frame with a few words about it and Hanger' Up on your Wall!,,,,

Then charge people who wants to view it !

Man, Oh Man! Somebody Pinch me,,,,,Are my Eyes playing Tricks on me ?

Congrat',,,,,,Congrat',,,,,Congrat',,,,,,,Buffalo Head !

That has Incredible Toning ! Is This a Natural Toning ,,,,,

Or one of those heated lamps over the coin stuff,,,,,,IMAO',,,,,,get back

to me on that would you? Great Find! Stick that Lil' Puppy in a Beautiful

Wooden Frame with a few words about it and Hanger' Up on your Wall!,,,,

Then charge people who wants to view it !

The coins looks as it's spent some time in a coin album and the color looks natural. Thanks for the comment I also find this coin very attractive to say the least.....Joe

You should check out his other posts on here. ;) He certainly doesn't have any problems finding the nicest buffalo nickels around; he must search constantly.

I think it has a chance for 66+. The obverse certainly looks 67, but the hair detail on the reverse, particularly on the top of the head and above the shoulder, doesn't look as sharp as your MS66 example. Eye appeal wise it's a 70 all the way.

I think it has a chance for 66+. The obverse certainly looks 67, but the hair detail on the reverse, particularly on the top of the head and above the shoulder, doesn't look as sharp as your MS66 example. Eye appeal wise it's a 70 all the way.

More than likely your right. The eye appeal is what I was after and it has that. Thanks Bob.....Joe