• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaning out the safe....Oh my!

19 posts in this topic

Spring cleaning and ran across this, or these 4 sets different dates all Franklin sets tucked away. I remember purchasing these about a hundred years ago by the bunch. I must say thier much more colorful now. I think it's the black plastic in these snap together cases that had an effect on the coins to make them tone. Does anyone else remember seeing these on the market? I know it was some company with lots of rolls that put these together long ago, but that's all I remember......No Buffs here...lol

043-4.jpg

045-4.jpg

048-3.jpg

051-2.jpg

053-2.jpg

058-3.jpg

061-4.jpg

065-2.jpg

Great looking sets. Those plastic holders turned out come cool looking coins but also some not so nice.

These came from the same type of holder.

Image_1352.jpg

Image_1341.jpg

1972tonedIKE2.jpg

All coins to me look AT.

So, I will offer you double coin value plus two cheeseburgers for your hardship.

HeHe. Very nice coins gentleman. George

The sets can still be found at coin shows and on Ebay and depending on the quality of the toning they can pull strong money. I paid $120 bucks for a 1964 set on Ebay that had killer toning. The quarter and dime from the set both stared at NGC and I ended up tripling my money when I sold them :devil: I have the images at home if anyone is interested in seeing them I just don't have them in my photobucket account at present.

Here is another set I picked up a few years back and sold this year on Ebay:

New039-1.jpg

New040-1.jpg

The sets can still be found at coin shows and on Ebay and depending on the quality of the toning they can pull strong money. I paid $120 bucks for a 1964 set on Ebay that had killer toning. The quarter and dime from the set both stared at NGC and I ended up tripling my money when I sold them :devil: I have the images at home if anyone is interested in seeing them I just don't have them in my photobucket account at present.

Here is another set I picked up a few years back and sold this year on Ebay:

New039-1.jpg

New040-1.jpg

WOW!! That is one very nice set ya have there buddy! I was going to sell them, but I think I'll keep them now. Thanks for all the help fellas......Joe

Gosh, how could you forget some sets like that. (thumbs u

They were in a box with a bunch of old baseball cards I lost track of. I found my long lost Willy Mays & Roger Maris cards .

Spring cleaning and ran across this, or these 4 sets different dates all Franklin sets tucked away. I remember purchasing these about a hundred years ago by the bunch.

Do you remember what your intent was 100 years ago? I'm just curious. ;)

Spring cleaning and ran across this, or these 4 sets different dates all Franklin sets tucked away. I remember purchasing these about a hundred years ago by the bunch.

Evil intent! AT!

jom

Evil intent! AT!

jom

It's wasn't even on the radar