• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man Cited after paying bill with 2500 pennies

50 posts in this topic

At comic conventions, some people dress up like Batman, Supergirl ect... You guys are close to dressing up say, as a cent at coin conventions.

That's not a bad idea! I think I'll dress up as a Morgan silver dollar. Let's see..........225 lbs. x melt........... :whee:

Chris

You guys are close to dressing up say, as a cent at coin conventions.

YIKES! You mean someone might dress up as some historical coin collector -- like Wally Breen?

Ick! :o

In bullion value he more than likely overpaid.

Nope! The prices quoted are always for Grade A (pure) copper. Since the Lincoln is not pure copper, most reclamation centers and smelters will only pay about 25% of the Grade A price.

Chris

Nope! The prices quoted are always for Grade A (pure) copper. Since the Lincoln is not pure copper, most reclamation centers and smelters will only pay about 25% of the Grade A price.

Chris

I thought there was a law making the melting of cents illegal.

Chris

I thought there was a law making the melting of cents illegal.

I believe you're right, but many people are still hoarding the pre-82 Lincoln's based on the misconception that the melt value for them is the full price quoted for Grade A copper.

Chris

You know, I hoard pre-1982 cents, and even though they are 95% copper and you can't melt them, someday when copper is $182 a pound, they will trade like junk silver! I know that may seem centsless to some, but it's a dream anyway, besides, they'll always at least be worth face value!

Now as for this story, I may be full of cents right now, but come monday morning I will likely have lost all my cents as I go to pay for a speeding ticket with 230 rolls of pennies (I called ahead, they said they accept change but it has to be rolled!).

You know, I hoard pre-1982 cents, and even though they are 95% copper and you can't melt them, someday when copper is $182 a pound, they will trade like junk silver! I know that may seem centsless to some, but it's a dream anyway, besides, they'll always at least be worth face value!

Now as for this story, I may be full of cents right now, but come monday morning I will likely have lost all my cents as I go to pay for a speeding ticket with 230 rolls of pennies (I called ahead, they said they accept change but it has to be rolled!).

They're not going to like you! Don't be surprised if they change their mind.

Chris

Chris

I really don't think Jtryka is going to roll over and play dead on this one.

Chris

I really don't think Jtryka is going to roll over and play dead on this one.

"Roll" over? Is that supposed to be a "punny"?

Chris

I can not believe I actually read all this .... Woe is me, he who "senses" a

relapse coming on.

There is a strong need to take out some candles to relieve a little stress via burning "scented" candles but alas no ... the have not been "sent" to me as of yet from the online store.

I am feeling a "sense" of loss at this moment and think the Doctors are going to hook me up to those darn "sensors" again to see what is or is not "senseless" dribble eminating from my mouth.

PLEASE can we stop now , you group of senile "sentiant" Cent Collectors!

:)

Well, the pennies are all packed up and ready to go in the morning, we'll see how this goes! lol

Oh yeah, and in searching all those pennies, I found 185 Canadian cents, and 60 wheaties from 1919-58.

Ok, so I went to pay today and the woman came from behind the counter to look up the King's, I mean judge's order on what they were allowed to accept in payment, and it turns out they can only accept up to 4 rolls of coins. So back to the bank to exchange the pennies for 4 rolls of dollar coins, 7 $2 bills and a $1 bill, I figure I would still pay them with the most annoying and useless combination of currency possible!

Ok, so I went to pay today and the woman came from behind the counter to look up the King's, I mean judge's order on what they were allowed to accept in payment, and it turns out they can only accept up to 4 rolls of coins. So back to the bank to exchange the pennies for 4 rolls of dollar coins, 7 $2 bills and a $1 bill, I figure I would still pay them with the most annoying and useless combination of currency possible!

It's people like you who make shows like "Parking Wars" possible. :roflmao:

Chris