• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Releases Complete Online World Coin Price Guide

18 posts in this topic

• Administrator

I wanted to alert all of our Message Board members to an exciting new feature on NGC's website: the World Coin Price Guide. Created by NGC and Krause Publications' NumisMaster, the World Coin Price Guide has values for more than 350,000 coins and thousands of photographs. Best of all, it's free to all users.

There are mintage figures, design descriptions, engraver information, and more. One of my favorite features is the up-to-the-minute melt values for gold, silver, platinum, and palladium based on current spot prices -- a valuable tool considering the recent precious metals activity.

Prices and photographs are independently compiled by Krause Publications’ NumisMaster and provided to NGC through an exclusive agreement. Many world coin prices are updated daily, and new photographs are added monthly.

To read the compete press release, click here.

To check out the free World Coin Price Guide, click here.

• Administrator

Thank you!

Yes, anyone can access it regardless of whether they are an NGC Collectors Society member or not.

I wanted to alert all of our Message Board members to an exciting new feature on NGC's website: the World Coin Price Guide. Created by NGC and Krause Publications' NumisMaster, the World Coin Price Guide has values for more than 350,000 coins and thousands of photographs. Best of all, it's free to all users.

There are mintage figures, design descriptions, engraver information, and more. One of my favorite features is the up-to-the-minute melt values for gold, silver, platinum, and palladium based on current spot prices -- a valuable tool considering the recent precious metals activity.

Prices and photographs are independently compiled by Krause Publications’ NumisMaster and provided to NGC through an exclusive agreement. Many world coin prices are updated daily, and new photographs are added monthly.

To read the compete press release, click here.

To check out the free World Coin Price Guide, click here.

Thanks. This was a fabulous idea, and I had been looking for something similar.

Quick question:

What listing (i.e. country) would you look under to find older English/British coins (late 18th century to pre Euro)? I don't see England or Britain as an option, and the United Kingdom (as it is now known) only lists Euro coins.

Thanks.

• Administrator

coinman_23885,

The English coins are listed under Great Britain. Select Great Britain under Country, and then select All Regions under Region.

Thanks! I had heard Britain and Great Britain, but I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of the latter. Thanks again to NGC, its staff, and Numismedia for the useful price guide.

Thanks for a great resource.

Is there a way to get errors / omissions corrected?

Specifically, for South Africa 1oz Proof Krugerrand:

1) For the 1997 Proof "30th Anniversary of Krugerrand privy mark" it lists a mintage of 30, when it is more like 300

2) Coins with "mint marks" are listed only for 1997 and 2004; there are many more years where coins were issues with "mint marks".

• Administrator

elnangu,

Thank you for the comments. The price guide data is put together by Krause Publications and I will forward this to them.

Max