• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Bear on this forum?

113 posts in this topic

Pick on me.. Hell I love "Bear" and many other "Men" on this forum. Yes, the ladies also.

I want everyone to welcome a nice lady from PA in which she will appear, I for one will not mention her name until she posts. She knows coins and is a Lady, a Mom and a wonderful wife..

So, Bear, come out and play.. If you can't because ATS put you in a time out and you know it's best not to say any Disparging remarks in Rule #1,339th from ATS rule box, well brother I miss ya and have for 2 years now.. George

Braddick, that was just a lame, vaguely-intelligible reference to my overall lack of faith in Wikipedia sources. :blush: At any rate, thanks for letting me off the hook. (thumbs u Hell, I hate hooks! :grin:

Braddick, that was just a lame, vaguely-intelligible reference to my overall lack of faith in Wikipedia sources. :blush: At any rate, thanks for letting me off the hook. (thumbs u Hell, I hate hooks! :grin:

Hey, I thought it was pretty funny. Most should have gotten it but braddick is just a bit...you know...slow. zzz

jom

• Administrator
I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

That just screams custom title...

The funny thing was, when I saw the Architecht name on the post I thought is was going to be a Bamnning or a lock

I must be spending to much time across ATS lol

The funny thing was, when I saw the Architecht name on the post I thought is was going to be a Bamnning or a lock

I must be spending to much time across ATS lol

Naw! Well, maybe in the comics section. hm

Well,

letmehaveit.jpg

LET ME HAVE IT!

Well,

letmehaveit.jpg

LET ME HAVE IT!

:eek: You are very brave.

There is a poll ATS:

"assume a coin was graded MS 60

What one would you pay a higher premium for? (sic)

-PCGS

-NGC

-ANACS

-Other Company

-an individual (coin is not slabbed)

I didn't answer it because I buy the coin, not the holder, although I did post that I would pay more for an NGC or PGCS coin because of the hastles one faces from cross-overs and getting coins graded in general.

The Kool Aid drinkers are crowing because "PCGS crushed NGC."

Well that's nice, but the trouble is if you say anything negative about PCGS you get banned. I thought I took a chance with my "I buy the coin, not the holder" answer. You can't say what you think over there, and that really makes such a poll, even it was worded properly, useless.

I thought I took a chance with my "I buy the coin, not the holder" answer.
(tsk)

You may not have been banned but I’m sure you earned a demerit.

I thought I took a chance with my "I buy the coin, not the holder" answer.
(tsk)

You may not have been banned but I’m sure you earned a demerit.

...i really think it's just a matter of time that you'll need to submit a comment or question to the host for approval before you can post it. :popcorn:

So, PCGS crushed NGC ? :juggle: I have both NGC & PCGS and I guess I'm a kool Aid drinker, but, I find attractive colorful coin in both holders. I'm not sure if I can say that one is better than the other as they both have their place in my collection....

There is a poll ATS:

"assume a coin was graded MS 60

What one would you pay a higher premium for? (sic)

-PCGS

-NGC

-ANACS

-Other Company

-an individual (coin is not slabbed)

I didn't answer it because I buy the coin, not the holder, although I did post that I would pay more for an NGC or PGCS coin because of the hastles one faces from cross-overs and getting coins graded in general.

Well that's nice, but the trouble is if you say anything negative about PCGS you get banned. I thought I took a chance with my "I buy the coin, not the holder" answer. You can't say what you think over there, and that really makes such a poll, even it was worded properly, useless.

To be fair, the beauty of a poll is you don't have to say anything. Just vote and leave it at that. If anything, I would think the vote/poll itself would not favor PCGS as many passive aggressive individuals would take advantage of such a poll to truly expressive themselves if not in the written word, within the voting and stats.

If anything, I would think the vote/poll itself would not favor PCGS

I too was surprised to read that PCGS is doing so well in this poll...

That poll is like going to one of the major political party headquarters and asking "What party are you voting for in the next election?" Is it any surprise that the home party would "crush" the other one?

I agree. If some folks are so convinced that PCGS is so infallible, why do those who drink the kool aid constantly have to convince themselves that it's OK to pay too much, just because of the brand on the plastic?

I own coins in PCGS and NGC holders (and others), and never feel the need to have absurdly slanted polls that reinforce how great my choices of plastic have been.

I agree. If some folks are so convinced that PCGS is so infallible, why do those who drink the kool aid constantly have to convince themselves that it's OK to pay too much, just because of the brand on the plastic?

I own coins in PCGS and NGC holders (and others), and never feel the need to have absurdly slanted polls that reinforce how great my choices of plastic have been.

I agree and very well put my friend....

C'mon! You know as well as I do PCGS uses a HIGHER QUALITY plastic! High grade stuff for sure...it's even been approved by the Quality Plastic Council! :o

Although, collectors seem to pay premiums for the oddest things these days. Green stickers, Gold stickers, plus signs, Shields, Doily labels, Old green holder labels, stars, green clovers, blue diamonds. But ultimately, it's the QUALITY plastic that matters...remember that and you'll go far my friend...

jom

This is a thread I felt I must reply too.

Abe has been a long time customer of mine and has never, ever displayed 1/2 a % of the arrogant, obnoxious, demanding behavior that I see from so many of his fellow forum members. What I see written here several times in this thread says it all. And you better believe I was NOT the dealer Marguli was refering too (Abe made plenty of money off of what he bought from me).

I did go to bat for him with Don Willis. Don said he is on "time out". Don's reasoning for his purposes was defendable. I learned long ago its PCGS forum, if we do not like it, we can leave. I do believe Bear will be back, I hope he comes back.

Yes, bear got a little carried away in his writings? So? You do not have to read everything and comment. I know I read some threads and others I just passed by. You certainly do not have to take shots at him when he can not or will not defend himself. As for him not posting here-SO? I do not post here because I am simply a creature of habit and am used to PCGS. Stop with this Kool aid !

As far as Abe not knowing his coins-I think he does know more than most (but he is still just an ametuer, no where near a real pro-and he knows it). His posts are sincere and are there to really help. He DOES offer some good advice at times, so you have to weed through a little to get it. I laugh when the real egomanic collectors try to show off-and come off looking really stupid to those of us who do know. In my mind, Abe has never been that. To attack Bear for his recent posts, is lame in my book. You could have simply contacted the forum admin.

Last, I think you people take these forums too seriously. I love when people go on to say their "farewells" and they can't take it anymore and want to stop collecting. What a joke. You collect from the heart, not by befriending people who don't even tell you their real names on a chatroom. To let these places rule your hobby-thats pathetic and you should quit. To punch a person who's down-like Bear (abe) that just as pathetic.

Laura Sperber

Legend Numismatics

lsperber1@hotmail.com

Good to see you posting, Ms. Sperber. ;)

Abe has always been a gracious gentleman in my dealings with him. And the coins of his that I have seen were all extremely nice.

Ms. Sperber about summed it all up? And yea, I guess at times, we all want to think we are better numismatists than we really are. If I were truly better, most of my coins wouldn't be considered junk by most.

. I learned long ago its PCGS forum, if we do not like it, we can leave.

Stop with this Kool aid !

Respectfully, I don't know how you can write that both of these things are true. It requires a cultish following to participate in a content censured, rudely moderated forum.

Although I agree with 90% of Legend's response, there are still those who are totally immersed in the label and not the coin...it could literally become a college students thesis on marketing in America. (Now it's going global for global domination)

I can say this for certain, Laura's grammar, content and punctuation has really improved over time...keep posting here and soon you will become a Nobel Laurette.

As far as Abe is concerned, he is a member of the flock and I'm also concerned about his current health issues and wish him well.

I agree with Legend

why doesn't LegendLaura post ats anymore? is it a self imposed moratorium?

I have to agree, either the spell checker was found, the post was proof-read before hitting enter, or someone else (like TDN) is ghost writing

anyway, hopefully Bear gets better with what he has, I know it becomes even more difficult when viewing on another board and you can not post, after posting thousands of posts over 10 years

why doesn't LegendLaura post ats anymore? is it a self imposed moratorium?

She was banned. She said some brutally honest things about PCGS grading, like their grading for St. Gaudens double eagles was all over the board, and she got the boot.

Well that's nice, but the trouble is if you say anything negative about PCGS you get banned. I thought I took a chance with my "I buy the coin, not the holder" answer. You can't say what you think over there, and that really makes such a poll, even [if] it was worded properly, useless.

I think it makes such a poll ignrnt. Plum ignrnt.

She was banned. She said some brutally honest things about PCGS grading, like their grading for St. Gaudens double eagles was all over the board, and she got the boot.

In a way that actually speaks volumes about some of the long-standing members over there who haven't yet been banned. ;)