• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week #108 - Spring Has Sprung

19 posts in this topic

• Administrator

QUESTION: If you had one of each date of half cent coined by the U. S. Mint, what would their total face value be? (don't include varieties, but do include the proof-only dates)

First post with the correct answer wins a coupon for 1 free ealybird.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck and have a great weekend! flowerred.gif

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Not including overdates and varieties, just the dates, I count 44 dates, which would be 22 cents.

21.5 cents. 22.5 if you count the 1945P Indonesia and the 1941 Liberia half cents. wink.gif

QUESTION: If you had one of each date of half cent coined by the U.S. Mint, what would their total face value be? (don't include varieties, but do include the proof-only dates)

ANSWER: 22 cents.

The winner is: RWW!! Your prize is a coupon for 1 free earlybird.

The runner up winner is: JamminJ!! Your prize is a copy of The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook.

Congratulations and thanks for playing!!

Been a long time Roger! Congratulations!

JJ - What are you doin' posting on U.S. coinage? 893whatthe.gifwink.gif Congrats!

Hoot

Thanks for the book and for running the contest!

JJ - What are you doin' posting on U.S. coinage? 893whatthe.gifwink.gif Congrats!

Hoot

I love US coins, too. I'm just priced out of the cooler stuff. confused-smiley-013.gif

-JamminJ

Hi there, I have to dispute your chosen correct answer. This is just for fun, but I believe the following is correct, or at least as a good shot at it. Okay, there's 44 unique dates for the winning answer making that 22 cents. HOWEVER!!

In 1837 there was a token minted with a face value of half cent.

AND, the very first half copper from the United Staes Mint was in 1792 and was called a PATTERN HALF EAGLE.

So, my vote is for 23 cents. I just now got all of this out of a 1963 REDBOOK! Check this out. In 1963 a 1793 half cent in VF was listed at $300. Jerry

Thanks Mark! Would you believe that I didn't even know I'd won until I got the submission certificate in the mail today! shocked.gif It was simply a matter a dumb luck that I happened to be on the boards when the question was posted. Then, since it took me several attempts to count just the half-cents to be included, I figured my ineptness at counting ruined any opportunity I had to win...so, I never went back to check blush.gif

Thanks Dena and NGC...