• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1883-CC GSA Morgan ~ Need another opinion.((NOW FOR SALE))

32 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I am debating on sending this coin in. The reverse I am already 99% sure on so I am just linking the obverse. The rim looks a little raw so it's throwing me off. Let me know what you think. =)

DSC_0023.JPG

Thank you!

Haha! Fixed! It's early here =) It has a nice luster. On the pic there is a shadow towards the bottom, but the coin has the same luster all over the obverse. It's a GSA which is why I was considering sending it in, but NGC has left me second guessing myself a few times.

Pic is a little bright but using it, I would say MS64-65. Don't think the rim nics should stop it from grading.

Here is a darker pic.

Any toning you see on the rims are part of the reverse. It's completely toned. Also, a cool thing that I like about this coin, in natural light you can see pink in the hair.

DSC_0024.jpg

Minimal marks gives it a good shot at MS65. A bit flatter hair above ear and forehead but that might just be the photo. These areas are sometimes difficult to pick up with a photo. Normally, rims are not an issue with GSA's as they are somewhat covered by the package. This one though is visible.and might cause a second look.

I would like to see the reverse as well. Let's Vam it!. MS65.

Chet

Since you guys want to see it I will put up the reverse. I am fairly confident on the grade though. Here are a few with different lighting.

You can't tell because of the pic with the toning but the breast feathers are all there.

DSC_0025.jpg

Natural light at an angle to show tones.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0028.jpg

Pics show up a lot of brown but it is actually more purple.

=)

Came back MS65 =)

2556752-001

It must be right, since that's what I graded it :roflmao: !

Of course it's right because you were right because I was right.

Chris :devil:

Yeah, congrats. It's good to see a GSA getting the nod at gem. What kind of GSA holder is that in?

Here's a pic before we sent it.

DSC_0007.JPG

Thanks everyone for the congrats! =) It will be for sale as soon as we get it back, keep an eye out on the Market Forum!

Here's a pic before we sent it.

DSC_0007.JPG

I thought so. When they had color on them GSA had a hard time calling them "Uncirculated." I just love it when these make it to MS-65!

Yeah, I know! It was a great find. =) A GSA that doesn't say uncirculated grading so well, I love it! That's why I took a second, third, fourth, ninety-ninth look at it, I had a feeling it would grade well. Plus the purple/pink toning on the reverse, exciting!

::Natural Light picture::

DSC_0001.JPG