• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New poll - how long for the mint to figure out new prices for silver proof sets

How long for the mint to re-price silver proof sets?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How long for the mint to re-price silver proof sets?

3 posts in this topic

So yet again I am disappointed by the US Mint. After not being able to get a silver proof eagle last December, today I decided to buy my annual sets from the mint. Nope! Sorry, you can't buy any silver proof sets, as it seems the complete mismanagment of our currency by the other branches of our insufficiently_thoughtful_person government have left "Ye Olde Mint" befuddled as to how to price the silver coins they are selling. So they just stop selling them. That makes sense, since any half way decent business person could reprice them in about a minute (gee whiz, there's about $65 in silver in there, how about charging $89.95 now?) which is close to what they are selling for on the secondary market, where I was forced to buy mine today (yet again forced to buy mint product from someone other than the mint). So how long will it take for the at the mint to reprice and start selling silver proof sets again?

It doesn't matter to me because I quit buying the Mint products 3 years ago.

Maybe they should charge $199.95 for all silver products no matter what, give each purchaser a free roundtrip airline ticket to Las Vegas with no expiration date (limit two per household) and immediately declare a 10-year moratorium on price increases. NOTE: This offer is not valid for institutional dealers, their employees, families or agents.

Chris

As I try to collect the proof sets, I found it easier to have a subscription from the mint for 1 set. I'm hoping they don't get too high one day that I will have to end my collecting series for them.