• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Me Your Tired and Poor

24 posts in this topic

Most of our post deal with the higher grades of our collections. Not often do we share those which are at the other end of the spectrum. I would all think we have a few which for whatever reason, will not part with. This is just a little fun post for those who want to share their wares.

As for my Standing Lib, I have no idea as to a date. The Merc has little wear but certainly has some issues...

Chet

111774.jpg.45f5f4fb5f0883354299da6625be081b.jpg

111775.jpg.692195c0a9083297d07b1582a27c8130.jpg

111776.jpg.ed0914b3c516efddf370e0030b389262.jpg

111777.jpg.f8fb45de65ac7d054909ae4926959453.jpg

I have a few of these very old large cents that are very worn. This is not my oldest but it's the image I found.

1798-Large-Cent.jpg

hugpcgsvg8.jpg

Sorry, but I think that PCGS over graded this one. I'd give it a Good-4, which would make it rarer and perhaps more desirable on some circles.

Chris.... did you mean WORST! :)

Nope! It's the best one that meets the OP's criteria. It's all a matter of perspective. Besides, no 1893-CC has ever been VAMmed with a cud on it.

Chris

Chris.... did you mean WORST! :)

Nope! It's the best one that meets the OP's criteria. It's all a matter of perspective. Besides, no 1893-CC has ever been VAMmed with a cud on it.

Chris

If it gets any more worn, you won't be able to prove the cudd. lol

Cud? That's interesting... TBH, it looked like a rim bruise to me... but you have it in hand.

That's what other people assumed, but there is no damage to the edge. Despite the fact that it is worn, the only way the arc would show extending into the field would be if there was metal raised above the field in the first place. The wear on this coin has left it so there is just a small trace remaining of the cud. I keep telling myself that I'm going to send it to Leroy, but I am such a procrastinator.

Chris