• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1989 kennedy half MS-65 DPL

16 posts in this topic

I just purchased a NGC 1989 kennedy half graded MS-65 DPL. I think i'm very lucky considering NGC has only graded 1 of this coin to date in all grades!! ( so i hear ). I also consider myself lucky for the best offer I gave and purchased the coin for. Just wanted to share my story to see if anybody else has one??

Hi bsshog, Me etheir, That's what makes me so excitied about this coin. Seen plenty of DPL Morgans, Never have i seen one in a kennedy half!!! I haven't seen the coin yet, should be here tomarrow. I wish the would give this coin a straight up value but they don't. Thanks for the reply!! Clyde The Die

There have been sellers in the past, present and I'm sure future who claim to have PL Kennedy half dollars, but when you look they are always raw. I myself have never seen a PL much less a DPL graded by one of the biggies.

Interested in seeing the coin and also the label. Good PU if so deemed.

Hi Physics-fan 3.14, I took a real shot in the dark with this coin, I hesitated for a few minutes, Checked the serial number through ngc and it checked out to be true. Maybe i can get my friend to take some pics, He does great pics!! When I do I'll try and send them to you or post them on here. Thanks for the interest!! Clyde the die

There have been sellers in the past, present and I'm sure future who claim to have PL Kennedy half dollars, but when you look they are always raw. I myself have never seen a PL much less a DPL graded by one of the biggies.

Interested in seeing the coin and also the label. Good PU if so deemed.

I found a awesome PL Kennedy and I sent it to NGC and it graded MS66 PL. I sold the coin but it was super PL!!

Hi Wooden Jefferson, When I receive the coin, I'll post more info so maybe if a few people want to look the coin up through ngc they could. I should be able to see it for myself tomarrow. ( Fingers crossed ). I'm glad to see people interested in a coin that i have!! I think I got a great deal on this coin. Thanks for the reply!! Clyde the die P.S If you want to see a holder that looks like the real one i have, Go to modern coins website and type in 1989 kennedy half DPL and they show a replica holder, It looks the same just missing the serial #

According to the Census, there is a 70-D in 64DPL. I've never seen one either, so I can't wait to see some photos.

Chris

Well she made it home safe and sound today!!! WOW does this coin look sweet!! Definetly looks like a proof like coin, Can't wait to send it back in for a regrade and put in a new edge veiw holder nothing but the best for this coin. Pictures will be soon, soon as i get some good ones i'll post them. This coin made my day !!!!!

Well she made it home safe and sound today!!! WOW does this coin look sweet!! Definetly looks like a proof like coin, Can't wait to send it back in for a regrade and put in a new edge veiw holder nothing but the best for this coin. Pictures will be soon, soon as i get some good ones i'll post them. This coin made my day !!!!!

Just curious...if you send it in for regrade isn't it quite possible it will come back PL instead of DPL?

Can he not specify that the grade must improve or return the coin as is? I know that stuff happens as it happened to me and I lost an original slab no longer available and a reduced grade, but they made it right.

Jim

Pictures or it never happened..... :taptaptap:

Just kidding. Hope you enjoy your new coin.

-Chris#2