• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from the Santa Clara coin show with some newps....GRADE REVIELED...

22 posts in this topic

The Santa Clara show is always a blast for myself as I get to meet up with friends I have made over the years from the forums mainly from across the street and here on this NGC forum. I met up with Lance, Skyman and Kevin , and as always my Buddy Andy from "Angel Dee's" and it was nothing but fun. We met up at the cafeteria and showed off our new pick-ups. Skyman dazzled me with a proof cameo 1938 Walker that was just out of this world, and Kevin had an error split planchet that was the nicest I've ever seen. Lance had so many beautiful coins I don't even no where to start, but I'll tell you this, Lance has the nicest 26-d Lincoln cent I've ever laid my eyes on.

It was just a lot of fun, but I really paid the price this time as I drove up at 6:00 o'clock AM and arrived at 10: o'clock but the drive home took over 6 hours, really bad traffic.

I sure had some fun and pick-up some real beauties. Here's a 1915 Buffalo Nickel I happy to say I own, and if ya feel like it you can try and guess the grade. I picked this one up from my friend and mentor Andy from "Angel Dee's" as soon as I saw this piece I knew right away I wanted it, it just beautiful. So take a look at this Buff and see if you can guess the grade.....Joe

054-3.jpg

056-3.jpg

009-5.jpg

Yep, it's a matte proof 65 and a very lustrous one at that. I picked this coin up from Andy at "Angle dee's" and just love to look at this well struck beast. Thanks for looking.....Joe

Cool story! Ill guess the grade is MS00 ;)

Oh now you can do better than this, can't ya?....

Sorry there was no coin :) Now your talking. Of course luster would play a major role. But with what I see there is no reason it cant go MS65 IMO

Wow! Hammered strike and I see no contact marks, fantastic coin! I will guess MS66 and if the luster is as good as everything else then maybe a MS67?

I've never graded a non modern coin an MS67(can't tell from the pics if it might be a proof or not), but I do not see why this coin would not garner such a grade. As strong a strike as you get. Absolute heart stopper. Congrats. I'll be looking for your email pic and feel sure you will wish to exchange this one.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

I thought it might have been proof, but having never dealt with one, the rim had me bumfoozled(WV term) lol. Regardless, it is a beautiful coin, as is yours Bob. Congrats to you both.

Jim

The OP's 1915 looks flawless. Great strike as well. My "wag" is 67+

[... BTW - I could never grade Buffalo Nickels to save my soul ...]

That is a beauty, Joe. You showed us several of your stunning Buffalos. Each was remarkable...really quite special. Strike, color, eye appeal. Over the top! You have developed a great eye for these Indian heads.

Andy's (Angel Dees) personal set was a sight to behold. Some of the finest Buffalos I've ever seen. Just think, you could own the whole thing for only half a million bucks.

Great seeing so many friends at the show. Todd was super busy shooting pix but had a few minutes to chat. Glen H. bought a nice 1817/3 CBH from me, Charmy talked me into selling her a 1956 Lincoln PCGS 67RB (pop 1/0) I thought I'd never sell. Sy (skyman) shared some unbelievable Battle Creek Morgans with knock-your-socks-off colors. Larry Shapiro was too damned busy to even talk and I stopped by three times!

I picked up several new purchases...the '26-D Lincoln Joe mentioned, a very tough 1817 IHC in 64RB, '78-S T$ with incredible luster, an 1847/47 large cent in AU, and a nicely toned Stone Mtn commem PCGS/CAC MS65.

Here's the IHC. I need to reshoot it because the lighting is off and doesn't show the flash. I have to image the rest tomorrow.

Lance.

fff65da5.jpgce84b80e.jpg

That is a beauty, Joe. You showed us several of your stunning Buffalos. Each was remarkable...really quite special. Strike, color, eye appeal. Over the top! You have developed a great eye for these Indian heads.

Andy's (Angel Dees) personal set was a sight to behold. Some of the finest Buffalos I've ever seen. Just think, you could own the whole thing for only half a million bucks.

Great seeing so many friends at the show. Todd was super busy shooting pix but had a few minutes to chat. Glen H. bought a nice 1817/3 CBH from me, Charmy talked me into selling her a 1956 Lincoln PCGS 67RB (pop 1/0) I thought I'd never sell. Sy (skyman) shared some unbelievable Battle Creek Morgans with knock-your-socks-off colors. Larry Shapiro was too damned busy to even talk and I stopped by three times!

I picked up several new purchases...the '26-D Lincoln Joe mentioned, a very tough 1817 IHC in 64RB, '78-S T$ with incredible luster, an 1847/47 large cent in AU, and a nicely toned Stone Mtn commem PCGS/CAC MS65.

Here's the IHC. I need to reshoot it because the lighting is off and doesn't show the flash. I have to image the rest tomorrow.

Lance.

fff65da5.jpgce84b80e.jpg

I saw this Indian in hand and let me tell ya, It's the BOMB!!!!! This 1971 Indian head cent is by far the nicest one I have ever held in my hand, and it's a tough little bugger to find anywhere near this nice!! Thanks for sharing this beauty , Lance......Joe

It was great to sit at a table with Joe, Lance and Kevin. Each brought some Really sweet looking coins. Joe's Buffs and Lance's IHC's were drool inducing. As a cameo guy I also thought very highly of Kevin's 1952 quarter (and a 1966 Kennedy he purchased later in the show). One coin, I can't remember the date/mm, that was a lot of fun to share was one of Joe's Buffernicks that graded MS64. It was one Sweet puppy and all of us were going WTF is with the grade. Clearly the graders had NOT gotten laid the night before grading that coin.