• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1897 Morgan Dollar

18 posts in this topic

sweet. I was like 15 years old when I grabbed this. One of the only smart things I did when I was a kid. It was still in its case that said $8 which I'm guessing is what I paid for it back then.

:) Didnt realize it was MS

edit: I was just looking at the coin and noticed the rim on the reverse seems wider on the bottom left of the coin compared to the top right. Or maybe Im just seeing things..

The pics are a little hard to go by. Can't really tell if there's any luster there. Hard to tell if it's been cleaned either. My guess is just a rough one by what I have to go by.

AU58, I don't like the rim bump at 9 o'clock and the cheack has a nasty scratch and some sort of dents. Fields are rough too.

So should I get this coin graded? I have never done this before. But I got a feeling this is the only one that might be worth doing. Has a "chance" of getting MS maybe. Even AU I would be happy. This is my only pre-silver boom Morgan coin so its ok.

So should I get this coin graded? I have never done this before. But I got a feeling this is the only one that might be worth doing. Has a "chance" of getting MS maybe. Even AU I would be happy. This is my only pre-silver boom Morgan coin so its ok.

It is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, in no way, shape or form worth submitting for grading.

Chris

It is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, in no way, shape or form worth submitting for grading.

Chris

ok roger that.

:grin:

i wish i could take more pics like this coin. Its the only one that came out fairly decent enough to analyze. I am using no flash when I took the pics.

i just got a 1884-S for $41.50 came in the mail today. (was purchased b4 i discovered this site) I am embarrassed to even post it haha. its definitely cleaned or something. kinda looks like my 1897-O. oh well!