• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I bought this Buff about 5-6 years ago and it was BLAST white, but now...

13 posts in this topic

It's quite colorful! I had the opportunity for the first time in my life to cherry pick a roll of 1936 Buffalo nickels, for a price, and I picked this one. At that time this coin was blast white. I wanted the end roll coins but that was not an option, so I picked the one with the best strike. It is a common date for sure, but I was very excited to have this opportunity. I put this coin in a "library of coins" album for Buffalo nickels about 5 or six years ago and forgot all about it till just recently when I was going through some stuff for the Santa Clara coin show and BAM I didn't even recognize the coin, it's really pretty and still very lustrous with super nice color. Just thought I would show it off.....Joe

016-7.jpg

013-1.jpg

The color is nice, but I have to wonder it it wouldn't end up in a details holder for questionable color.

You bet it could! That's the thing isn't it! I know for sure what made this coin change, so if did come back as questionable color a guy would have to wonder why, eh?....Joe

But check out ol Iron Tails eye, it looks as though he's been smoking the peace pipe :D

Regardless, decide which one you want for the collection and send me the other one as an Easter Buffalo present. Might be your last chance as they may have wiped Easter Buffalo out of the budget. lol

Definitely your color.

Jim

Regardless, decide which one you want for the collection and send me the other one as an Easter Buffalo present. Might be your last chance as they may have wiped Easter Buffalo out of the budget. lol

Definitely your color.

Jim

:D Your a funny guy, Jim. I have a few of these 1936 Buffs, I have one in for grading right now and I'm thinking I should have sent this one in also, oh well, it's such a common date I'm not even sure why I sent the other one in. I have 7 coin in for grading, all Buffs and all have really nice color, we'll see soon.

It's off to Santa Clara tomorrow, so I'm packing stuff up and making a list. I'm sure it's going to be a fun time, it always is. And if your planing on going, look Andy up at "Angel Dee's" as he's bringing a complete set of high grade toned Buffalo Nickels in for display, and it's also for sale, that is if you have some very deep pockets. It's sure worth taking a look at, tell him "Crazy Hound Dog" told you to have a look see......Joe

My, my...that nickel sure turned out pretty, Joe. You know it's NT but grading it would still be a crapshoot.

See you at the show!

Lance.

Wish I could, Joe. Would love to meet up with many friends I have met on this and other boards. Someday. BTW--that set of Buffs of his would require a mine shaft not just deep pockets. lol Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Jim

I know for sure what made this coin change, so if did come back as questionable color a guy would have to wonder why, eh?

Not really the answer would be that the grader wasn't sure it was natural. Remember YOU know how it occured, but the grader isn't privy to that information.