• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old purchases - but no CAC sticker, post your examples!

9 posts in this topic

Off and on ATS (and somewhat here too) the debates between CAC and non-CAC coins rage on. I wonder what percentage of existing slabs are stickered? I have a feeling that there are many slabbed treasures out there, all stickerless and doing just fine. Feel free to post your CAC-less 'treasures' here. Below are mine, all old green PCGS holders and paid < $100 for all 3 reverse toned examples.

1884-O MS-63

IMG_2526.jpg

1887 MS-62

IMG_2524.jpg

1881-S MS-62

IMG_2522.jpg

CAC has not had the opportunity to view a significant number of PCGS/NGC holdered collector coins. In five or so years, that may have changed.

My entire collection is bean-less. The last US coin I purchased was prior to CAC's inception.

Same here (just about), except that I have just one single green bean.

I have a few CAC approved coins in my collection, but CAAC has not seen anything that was in my collection before the group went into business. I've purchased quite a few exapensive coins without CAC stickers, including the 1848 CAL. $2.50 gold piece I posted last week.

I buy coins I like. If they have CAC stickers, that's okay. Mostly the presence or absence of CAC is not an issue with me. The only exception to that was when I was shopping for Pan-Pac $50 gold pieces. So many of those have been repaired that I decided I wanted MY certitifcation and a CAC sticker. ;)

My collection of GSA's are beanless as well. Many have not even been graded. I agree with Bill. The sticker is simply not an issue. I buy raw and have a good idea how they will grade (NGC). I have no interest in having my collection stickered. Having a sticker would have no impact in me purchasing a coin. None.

Chet

I have never submitted a coin to CAC, and normally don't buy PCGS or NGC certified coins. Every NGC and PCGS certified coin in my collection were submitted by me save for 1 or 2 maybe.