• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U.S. Silver coins..Will Silver make it to $40 oz. this week?

29 posts in this topic

You bet ya. I just watched a great news cast and it states the influx of daily needs around the world is spiking Oil, Gold, Silver prices.. I see Silver busting $40 by Friday morning.. So, how many U.S. coins that have Silver in them are you selling?

Yee haw.. Jesters Dead... He went that way, I went this way and holy cow metals are going vertical.. :)

Man, $39.26 right now. Made me start looking at a couple 4 T.O. bullion items I have . I bought one for $66 and the other for $70. The same ones are going almost $150 ea right now. Making me wonder how much I like them. lol

I'm not selling anything. With the demand from emerging markets over the next 10-15 yrs, silver will continue to creep higher. Will silver be 100 an ounce in 15 yrs? Not sure, but it will be pretty close.

While we're watching silver on the verge of reaching $40, can anyone please elaborate on the round-number-syndrome, or whatever it is usually called? Does it mostly pertain to psychological factors? Is it that sellers may have chosen that particular round number as their trigger to sell, and other sellers might try to get ahead of the pack and sell at just below the round number? What about buyers, how are they supposedly affected?

I promised my wife years ago that if silver ever hit $50 I would sell my collection to pay off our debt. I hope it hits $49 and STOPS!!!

$49.99 would really Peed her off.. :)

Silver was just at $40.01 a moment ago, at 11:26 PM eastern time Thursday night on the overseas markets according to Kitco, apparently thus breaking through that psychological barrier, at least for now.

Well, trends pay off... As bad as the U.S. Gov. is doing right now, you know the left and the right winger battling it out, our dollar suxs,

I see even more improvement for Silver to rise like my grandmas Blackberry pie did in the 50's.

Will silver plummet when a budget is passed? I think so.

Yes, just like it plummeted after the Japanese meltdowns got under control and after NATO began intervening in Libya and so on and so on...

Will silver plummet when a budget is passed? I think so.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some profit taking next week but it won't have anything to do with this still bloated federal budget being passed.

Of course that budget deal will solve all our problems and make the dollar strong again, after all, they agreed to immediately cut 0.0524% of total spending!

Then again this looks just like another bubble....similar to the stock, real estate and barrels of oil run-ups the last 10 years or so. I'll pass getting involved....

jom

Even though this thread is better than a month old, it is just as appropriate today as it was back then! :bump:

But....perhaps the title should change to:

Will Silver make it to $30 oz. Today?

Even though this thread is better than a month old, it is just as appropriate today as it was back then! :bump:

But....perhaps the title should change to:

Will Silver make it to $30 oz. Today?

^^