• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Percentage of Mechanical errors

7 posts in this topic

I probably should have noticed this a few years ago. I submitted 2 1999 S Proof sets to NGC 4 years ago. I just took them out to look at them and noticed all but 3 of the 12 Quarters and Half Dollars were mislabeled. I thought it pretty funny that they were so consistent in putting the wrong label on them.

Both Delaware quarters were correct.

Both Georgia quarters were labeled as New Jersey.

Both Connecticut were labeled as Georgia.

One New Jersey was labeled Pennsylvania, while the other was labeled a Silver half dollar.

One Pennsylvania was labeled Pennsylvania (yea), while the other was labeled a Silver half dollar.

Both Half Dollars were labeled as Connecticut silver Quarters.

They must have been given the bums rush.

Someone's eyes must be getting as worse as mine. I can't tell one Qtr from the other unless I have my glasses on or pull out my little 5x glass. lol

Someone's eyes must be getting as worse as mine. I can't tell one Qtr from the other unless I have my glasses on or pull out my little 5x glass. lol

I think you're right Bobby. I had my glasses on today....otherwise I would never have noticed. The half dollars gave it away. I could actually see those.

I probably should have noticed this a few years ago. I submitted 2 1999 S Proof sets to NGC 4 years ago. I just took them out to look at them and noticed all but 3 of the 12 Quarters and Half Dollars were mislabeled. I thought it pretty funny that they were so consistent in putting the wrong label on them.

Both Delaware quarters were correct.

Both Georgia quarters were labeled as New Jersey.

Both Connecticut were labeled as Georgia.

One New Jersey was labeled Pennsylvania, while the other was labeled a Silver half dollar.

One Pennsylvania was labeled Pennsylvania (yea), while the other was labeled a Silver half dollar.

Both Half Dollars were labeled as Connecticut silver Quarters.

They must have been given the bums rush.

Maybe they were holding the map upside down?

Put them on SleazeBay with a BIN of $25,000.00

[font:Comic Sans MS] L@@K! MAJOR ERROR! [/font]

Chirs

Yeah, that's the ticket Chirs! :baiting: