• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New bannings at another coin forum.

242 posts in this topic

I suspect that Roger's banning was because he posted Don Willis' critical PM to Roger, not because of Roger's anti-slab comment.

If I were Don Willis, I would have been infuriated, also.

Copying a PM into a public forum is tacky, but should have merited a warning rather than a bamming.

TD

It was related today, though not specifically wrt to RWB's bamming, that bammees had been given multiple warnings.

At this point, if NGC can upgrade their chatroom software they can pull a lot of the traffic over.

Of course, in a short while they'll have to deal with all the same playground scuffles they have ATS.

Some would require deprogramming from years of Kool-Aid abuse.

I never fell for it, I like the concept of graded coins, puts everyone on an even playing field, but to say that their label will get you more $ than this other label is ludicrous.

Maybe we can get one of those spiritual healers that grab you, you suddenly stiffen up and fall over like a chain sawed redwood, course we'd have to find volunteers to catch them before they hit the floor...that could be a problem.

I suspect that Roger's banning was because he posted Don Willis' critical PM to Roger, not because of Roger's anti-slab comment.

Copying a PM into a public forum is tacky, but should have merited a warning rather than a bamming.

TD

It was related today, though not specifically wrt to RWB's bamming, that bammees had been given multiple warnings.

At this point, if NGC can upgrade their chatroom software they can pull a lot of the traffic over.

Of course, in a short while they'll have to deal with all the same playground scuffles they have ATS.

I can't speak for others, but I was given no warnings before being banned a few weeks ago.

I've been banned twice over there and neither time was I given any warnings, either public or private.

I've been banned twice over there and neither time was I given any warnings, either public or private.

I received absolutely no warning whatsoever. But of course, I was banned over the fallout from the Norweb Hibernia fiasco lol !

I got the boot a while back. Never received a warning for anything in all the years I had been there. I did break the rules by calling a guy an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. My fault but they let me come back as long as I play nice. I'm now very careful of what I post.

I got the boot a while back. Never received a warning for anything in all the years I had been there. I did break the rules by calling a guy an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. My fault but they let me come back as long as I play nice. I'm now very careful of what I post.

This is why I won’t even read what gets posted over there. They censure content and even in posts that haven’t been censured (poofed, bammed, whatever), I’m never confident that the author has said all that they wanted to say on the subject…like maybe the author has felt the need to hold back on a thought or two…

Not trying to beat a dead horse here. But I believe if this site looked exactly like the other one and there was zero learning curve required to use it, - there would have been a mass exodus from ATS a few days ago.

I'm sorry, but I've heard enough about the subject of NGC's boards being a little different. It's not like it's rocket science to learn how to handle these boards. I don't have any problem with them being a little different, just like our hosts here are different from the hosts ATS. Suck it up and learn people. You'll be glad you put the time and effort into it, as this board is filled with wonderful people and reasonable moderators.

There's always room for improvement when it comes to making websites easy to use, and because of the attitude of openness around here, there's no need to fear making suggestions. I urge anyone with ideas for improving the way this forum works to send those suggestions, and even any complaints, directly to the moderators. Please do so! And please don't have any qualms about being straightforward. The only reason I can't make such suggestions myself is I'm extremely ignorant about website tech issues.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here. But I believe if this site looked exactly like the other one and there was zero learning curve required to use it, - there would have been a mass exodus from ATS a few days ago.

I'm sorry, but I've heard enough about the subject of NGC's boards being a little different. It's not like it's rocket science to learn how to handle these boards. I don't have any problem with them being a little different, just like our hosts here are different from the hosts ATS. Suck it up and learn people. You'll be glad you put the time and effort into it, as this board is filled with wonderful people and reasonable moderators.

This is why I won’t even read what gets posted over there. They censure content and even in posts that haven’t been censured (poofed, bammed, whatever), I’m never confident that the author has said all that they wanted to say on the subject…like maybe the author has felt the need to hold back on a thought or two…

I've never had my content changed over there, but I have posted in strings that got poofed. One time Mark and I were commenting about an obviously over graded coin in a PCGS holder, and that was poofed before the string reached seven or eight posts.

A few years ago I posted many comments about how very high grade, very common, certified modern coins (implied in PCGS holders) were massively overpriced. I caught a lot of flack from the dealers who were profiting from that business, but the management never gave me any trouble.

In the past I’ve commented that it is healthy for collectors have grading services compete with one another to keep them both on their toes. I don’t think I would post that comment over there today.

Yes, I do watch what I say over there, but also do that here on occasion out respect for our hosts. I’d like be an independent observer who is not “in the tank” with either grading service, and it would great of a third major service could make an impact on the certification market.

And yes I do get tired of the Kool Aid drinkers over there who think that the only good coins are in PCGS holders. That’s just plain silly, but there is no use arguing with them. When you are high on Kool Aid, you can’t be rational. :insane:

I got bammed because some little man called me a "Racist" and Mr. Willis took sides.. Although I have the pm's between myself and Mr. Willis about this, Don did say he didn't see any Racist meaning, but warned me I should be careful of what I write, maybe down further on page 2 when I told Bochiman Someone will crack his head before I get to him, that could of been the end of Yaha..

My membership in their collectors club and multi coin submissions by me to PCGS wasn't good enough in this case.. To this day this thread still lurks ATS and nothing is done.. Shame of PCGS... BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks NGC for being the 1st true 3rd party grading company and proud member of the Nusmatic Guild.. Copy cats are always out there and then their sheep follow. My NGC graded coins have sold the same value as those slabbed ATS and higher in some cases. Experience is the key in this hobby and at any time someone tries real hard to steal your money because your coin is not in a slab ATS, run do not walk but run from this person or group of people.

My response to the thread below was a Sterotype, that's it..

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=710197&highlight_key=y&keyword1=moy

Just to clarify; My post wasn't meant to be a criticism of the site. It was just an observation of human nature. I only meant to imply that I believe there were more people upset by the bannings, over the past month, than the number of evacuees would indicate.

:pullhair: I'm "sucking it up!" L@@K! I even found the emoticons! :applause:

... I'm "sucking it up!" L@@K! I even found the emoticons! :applause:

YAY!!! :applause::foryou:

I hope all the new people on this side of the street have fun. It's a great site... a little "sleepy" but lot's of good people and good stuff. Welcome aboard!!! :hi:

TD

I can't speak for others, but I was given no warnings before being banned a few weeks ago.

You were already on double secret probation ;)

Once I read about Mark's deportation, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I didn't give them the chance. The stormtroopers over there had me under surveillance for quite some time, though, I'm sure. I draw that from the reprimanding PMs I'd get whenever I said things that were a little outside the party line.

Hi, I just finished reading your post, and the thread it linked to ATS, which you say was what got you banned there. I have no issues with anything I've seen you post here, and as far as I can recall offhand, you are definitely a positive contributor. But in that thread ATS you regrettably said some nasty things. Not enough in my opinion for an outright banning, but definitely nasty. Of course you weren't the only one, as you pointed out, and possibly you were banned inequitably on that score. Although I have sympathy with your complaint, I don't think it is a useful example of a banning that was extremely ridiculous. Some other cases were outright outrageous. That said, I'm glad you're actively posting here, and look forward to seeing your numismatic thoughts in future messages.

I got bammed because some little man called me a "Racist" and Mr. Willis took sides.. Although I have the pm's between myself and Mr. Willis about this, Don did say he didn't see any Racist meaning, but warned me I should be careful of what I write, maybe down further on page 2 when I told Bochiman Someone will crack his head before I get to him, that could of been the end of Yaha.. My membership in their collectors club and multi coin submissions by me to PCGS wasn't good enough in this case.. To this day this thread still lurks ATS and nothing is done.. Shame of PCGS... BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Thanks NGC for being the 1st true 3rd party grading company and proud member of the Nusmatic Guild.. Copy cats are always out there and then their sheep follow. My NGC graded coins have sold the same value as those slabbed ATS and higher in some cases. Experience is the key in this hobby and at any time someone tries real hard to steal your money because your coin is not in a slab ATS, run do not walk but run from this person or group of people. My response to the thread below was a Sterotype, that's it.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=710197&highlight_key=y&keyword1=moy

you must not of read page 2 - when a personal attack was released

XXXX in place of some names and verbage to protect the kids

the 'warnings' they talk about must be the rules locked at the top of the US forum page - and interpretation by them

==============================

XXXX you are a pathetic loser.. Who do you think you are coming on a forum and judging people from their context?

I am not a racist period.. End of story on this matter.

Poor jokes or not, you have no place in this world to call someone a racist, you don't know me and I will ask you for the final time to back to XXXX.

Now you made me very upset!! You have no right on crossing that line.

Many members can't stand you and your opinions XXXX, but if you think you can hide behind you computer, think again.

I pray someone cracks your XXXX head before I get to you.. I thought you were married and had kids. Real men just don't come out of the blue and judge people like you do. I have been on here for more than a year now and you are the only one that keeps you XXXX up.

Move on and get your jollies off the correct way in a relationship as married couple do, but don't come on here and accuse me of being a racist in my contexts.

You have crossed a line with no return on this one..

There is something seriously wrong with you and I do feel sorry for family, it must be XXXX for them to live with you. XXXX.

It would do us all well to remember we do not own these sand boxes we're permitted to play in. If you don't play nice the host is right to extricate themselves of the offenders. And, without notice if they so desire. They own the house...we're just invited guests. Trust me, if you invited someone to your home and they acted in the manner some do on these boards you'd toss them out...without notice too!

I find in business (such as email) as well as message boards people tend to get very bold and write things they would never say in person. The keyboard provides protection.

Let's just try to say something nice or not say anything at all. If you don't like some Thread and have nothing positive to contribute, please just move along.

Just my opinion for what it's worth...

Thanks for you imput.. The problem is or was Mr. Willis didn't redo his rules until 15 months after my thread.. My banning was March 2009, rules listed again or revamped on Jan/2010. Also redone twice since then.. lol.

We,Don and I went back and forth on the old rules during our discussions and he told me he has the final say how he views the companies rules..

It tickles me that they can pick and chose whom to hold responsible for text.. I felt unjust for someone to call someone a "Racist" no matter if it was me or anyone else while on a Coin forum site and a paid member to that company, furthermore, nothing was done to the person that started this mess. Please read what this member said.

"You are a Racist aren't you" To me the writing is on the wall. Anyone with that type of vision to write about someone like he did towards my status has no merit in anything except self worth...

Many may feel different about what I wrote to the thread and how I responded, that's fine, I am a man and not a child, so I will offer a sincere sorry to anyone I hurt or who felt it's context affected them.

God Bless and great coin collecting.. George.

I'm not here to stir things up, but this thread and the comments were brought to my attention.

It appears there is a LOT more to the whole story than what you are deciding to state so far.

This is a different board and you should let things from the PCGS board stay there and just let folks enjoy these forums for what they are. Just some advice and I don't care to argue as I try to respect the boards here as much as I can.

This is a different board and you should let things from the PCGS board stay there and just let folks enjoy these forums for what they are.

AMEN!!!

Now, someone post a coin we can discuss.... (thumbs u

This is a different board and you should let things from the PCGS board stay there and just let folks enjoy these forums for what they are.

AMEN!!!

A great many people are hurt and angry about what has gone on ATS. They deserve to have a place to vent. If you don't like what is being posted here, don't open the thread. That's what I do when I don't care for the content.

AMEN!!!

A great many people are hurt and angry about what has gone on ATS. They deserve to have a place to vent. If you don't like what is being posted here, don't open the thread. That's what I do when I don't care for the content.

Why does anyone think that this is the place to vent Bill ? You say people who were banned elsewhere have a right to come here and vent ? If you think about it i'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion as i , this isnt the place for such antics.

Bochimon had a right to say his piece if anyone did.His name is being bandied about amongst half truths from a would be PCGS "Martyr" .He was right to call him on it.