• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ANA show was very good to me....

15 posts in this topic

I spent the day with my Son, my best friend and another friend of son and I. It was a 1 hour and 45 minute drive in the pouring rain, but we made it. I can tell you right now it was well worth the time and effort as I was able to find some amazing coins and work some fabulous deals with one of my favorite sellers and a seller I've never had the pleasure dealing with before, and holy moly did this guy have some stuff I liked! I've been looking for eye appealing Buffs for many, many years and I'll be the first to tell ya they are hard to find well struck with color and few blemishes, I generally have to search the floor for a day or two and then after finding them work some kind of deal I can live with. Well, yesterday I was very lucky to say the least finding what I was looking for.

010-4.jpg

012-3.jpg

015-4.jpg

020-1.jpg

028-3.jpg

029-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

Those are great Joe. I think the 1916 is my favorite from this group. Out of curiosity, how many T-1s have you acquired? You must have enough to fill a couple of blank pages in a coin album. Love the T-1s.

Those are great Joe. I think the 1916 is my favorite from this group. Out of curiosity, how many T-1s have you acquired? You must have enough to fill a couple of blank pages in a coin album. Love the T-1s.

Hi Bob, The 16 is very nice and to be honest with ya it's hard to come up with a favorite out of this group, at least for me. But this 1935 is probably the nicest one I have ever laid my eyes on, it's gorgeous, it has booming luster and the color is over the top. Here's a better image of this monster....

074-3.jpg

080-4.jpg

In hand this coin is crazy....Joe

I love the 16! Very underrated year as the mintages are high, but finding one like yours is near impossible.

Your posts are quickly become a "must see" for me!

I honestly don't know. I have a bunch and it's with no question my weakness :acclaim:

Either you just picked up some of the nicest Buffaloes I have ever seen or you have the best camera in the world. Beautiful coins. :grin:

If there was a camera that would make my Buffs look better I would buy it. The fact of the matter is, the coins are very nice to say the least and my camera is a Nikon D-3100 and yes it's a great box, and the lens is a Sigma 150 mm and I feel is the best lens available for the money, if not the best for coin imaging.

I love my Buffs and I think most in the business that collect will tell you to find the nicest ones you can find for the money you have to spend. I take my collecting very serious and for the money ya need to spend I am very careful. I want to thank you for your comment as it means a lot to me, I love collecting and I think you do to, or you wouldn't be here.

I get up every morning and try to hone my skills at imaging my coins, I would like to be very proficient at this imaging business, and I think it goes hand in hand with what we are trying to pull off here at this forum. I am glad to say the least some have enjoyed looking at these coins I have picked up over the many years I have been a collector, It's just a lot of fun for myself and my son to whom this collection will go to when I'm gone and hope he will carry on with it and pass it down again to his son and on and on. At least I can dream....Thanks again for looking.....Joe