• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts for silver eagle buyers

12 posts in this topic

Perhaps this is an obvious suggestion, but for those interested in buying silver eagles, I just noticed on a couple sites that the price of the 2011 is coming very close to the price of the 1996! If it were me, I would be thinking really hard about buying 2011 coins in quantity at $39.88 per coin, when the lowest mintage coin in the series is going for $49! Many of the earlier common dates are going for $41-46, so think about that, the diffence between a 96 and a far more common 91 is only like $3 now!

that is a good point Jeff..I do think that if bullion prices keep going the way they are ( and I still think they will for a while), we may reach a point where all dates values level off since they will all be worth what they are--.999 silver bullion 1oz

Yes, I agree, and if they all cost the same, I'd rather have the ones that had a mintage of 3.6 million mintage for the whole year than the one that had more than 6 million minted in January! lol Of course I can't complain too much, I think I paid $110 for my roll of 96 ASEs.

Well, this morning Coast to Coast had them for $39.88 and Apmex had them for $785 per roll, but now they are at $41.02 for the 2011. I just checked Coast to Coast's website, and the common early dates are mostly $44.77 but the 1996 are still just $49 each! Apmex is at $40.40 per coin. I guess it's good that no one else has taken me up on the extra 2011 ASE's I had for $37.50 each!

Everything dropped today...not sure the correlation with the events in Japan but certainly the culprit.

I was pretty upset, I meant to watch the open and try to buy FCX and forgot (got busy at work) and missed a great opportunity.

I've been buying 2006w,2007w, and 2008w. These burnished examples have mintage numbers far lower than any of the years.

2006-W 198,553

2007-W 621,333

2008 W 436,702

Why buy years when they made 10,000,000 if you want someting rare down the line?

I've been buying 2006w,2007w, and 2008w. These burnished examples have mintage numbers far lower than any of the years.

2006-W 198,553

2007-W 621,333

2008 W 436,702

Why buy years when they made 10,000,000 if you want someting rare down the line?

I am not doubting your numbers but can you tell me where you found these mintage numbers? I am coming up with different numbers but from unreliable sources.

Well, the point may be moot as Apmex has now raised their price on unc. 1996 ASEs to $74.99.

I just checked APMEX because of your post and they are out of both NGC and PCGS 1996 ASE's. Holy Hanna! I wonder why the major increase? They were cheaper when silver was over $36 an ounce.

I did notice the difference in my West Point Burnished ASE's. They want more for the NGC's than the PCGS's. Even they are up.