• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interview with Jim Halperin

4 posts in this topic

Yeah, I was doing business with Jim & Steve from day one. In retrospect , I think Jim might admit that he enjoyed his earlier days , far more than where he is now.

In the early days, Heritage really had a personality . Today , it's simply another huge impersonal corporation . I resided in Dallas from 1980- early 2001 . I remember fondly my trips into Jim's highland park location just to look at some of the coins in his front case and perhaps speak with him about this or that . One other large name in Numismatics from the Dallas , Texas area is Ed Hipps of Ed Hipps Rare Coins . While I'm remincising about these good ole days, I'll also plug the Dallas Coin Club , who's membership included some very notable names in Numismatics even today . For a short period , I did a stint in Security for Harry Bass . Harry was quite a unique character .