• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I seeing this correctly?

13 posts in this topic

1936 "D" Silver Half Dollar FREE SHIPPING

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Item specifics - US Coins

Grade: -- Mint Location: Dahlonega

Certification: -- Certification Number: --

Strike Type: -- Circulated/Uncirculated: Circulated

I am quite sure this is completely impossible as the Dahlonega Mint ended minting coins in 1861 when the Civil War broke out, and the Government decided not to re-open it as a mint after the Civil War ended.

I seem to recall reading that in 1873 a man named William Price founded the Northern Georgia College on the site of the old Mint there and the original building is named after him.

Linked

It's apparently just a confused seller, who doesn't realize that the D is for Denver. I sent him a message to let him know.

So did I and gave him a small history lesson of the Dahlonega Mint.

Irrespective of that, if I remember correctly, the Dahlonega Mint only minted gold coins?

And what do you think about the grade of that Walker? Worth only melt or a little more?

That coin isn't worth much more than melt.

The price he's asking would be for a good AU-50-55 example.

A nice XF is only worth 25.00.

That coin is in G-VG condition and nowhere near his price!

I wouldn't give more than 10 bucks even a VF is only worth 15.00! You'd be an utter fool to pay more.

I just sold a real nice AU for about that same price (45.00) !

I hope its a lesson learned ( do your homework ) :)
As mentioned, it might not be a case of not having done his homework, but rather, having clicked on the wrong adjacent item on a menu/list.

I hope its a lesson learned ( do your homework ) :)

johnny, these things happen, there is alot of info and drop down menus when listing, it is very easy to make a mistake, I have done so several times only to have to go back and revise, so Dahlonega vs Denver is pretty easy to mess up as you scroll down the listing template

1936 "D" Silver Half Dollar FREE SHIPPING

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Item specifics - US Coins

Grade: -- Mint Location: Dahlonega

Certification: -- Certification Number: --

Strike Type: -- Circulated/Uncirculated: Circulated

I am quite sure this is completely impossible as the Dahlonega Mint ended minting coins in 1861 when the Civil War broke out, and the Government decided not to re-open it as a mint after the Civil War ended.

I seem to recall reading that in 1873 a man named William Price founded the Northern Georgia College on the site of the old Mint there and the original building is named after him.

Linked

Dahlonega only produced gold coins.