• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snipped from eBay

15 posts in this topic

It's amazing you can find coins like this certified for just over melt.

By the time the seller gets done paying eBay their fees, he or she would have been better off cracking the coin out and selling it for scrap. :sick:

That's because they aren't worth much more than melt.

Honestly, I have a hard time understanding your motive in buying this coin, except that you think you got a "really good deal." Low end MS Franklins are worth essentially melt. For example, at FUN I had a very nice 1963 Franklin graded MS-64 by old ANACS in a white slab with delightful rim toning and a DDO noted on the holder. No one would even look at it, and I finally dumped the thing for $20.

The 1953D is a very common date, and is gnerally one of the best struck dates. In MS-64FBL, the coin is worth approximately $30, on a good day. So, while this 64 may be a perfect match for your set, if you are looking for average coins, I am having a hard time congratulating you on a "good buy."

That's because they aren't worth much more than melt.

Honestly, I have a hard time understanding your motive in buying this coin, except that you think you got a "really good deal." Low end MS Franklins are worth essentially melt. For example, at FUN I had a very nice 1963 Franklin graded MS-64 by old ANACS in a white slab with delightful rim toning and a DDO noted on the holder. No one would even look at it, and I finally dumped the thing for $20.

The 1953D is a very common date, and is gnerally one of the best struck dates. In MS-64FBL, the coin is worth approximately $30, on a good day. So, while this 64 may be a perfect match for your set, if you are looking for average coins, I am having a hard time congratulating you on a "good buy."

Wow...tough room. :o

jom

Gotta nice tamper proof coin holder.

I don't know what you paid for shipping, but for $20 you got a nice "Secret Santa" gift for this year...since PhysicsFan does the drawing, I'm sure if he picks you, your name will go back into the hat.

:grin:

What's there not to like for $20? In a older holder too. It cost $18 to submit to ngc and that doesn't cover shipping, so I'd say you did ok.

Wow...tough room. :o

jom

I'm not trying to be overly harsh, and sorry if I came off that way. I'm just trying to inject a little realism into the discussion.

Yeah, I know...I was just yanking your chain. :kidaround: Sometimes reality is needed...especially in the coin market.

jom