• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 mint prices. read it and weep......................

10 posts in this topic

About 6 years ago, if you wanted to buy one of everything from the Mint, it would cost you about $9K. In 2008, that figure was close to $18K. Now, you have to take out a second mortgage. I'm sure glad that I cancelled all of my subscriptions two years ago!

Chris

...i'm sure this latest increase will cause a lot of collectors to update

their subscriptions. even the prez proofs escalated! doh!

The Prez proofs increased, but not the Clad Proof Sets?

...i'm sure this latest increase will cause a lot of collectors to update

their subscriptions. even the prez proofs escalated! doh!

The Prez proofs increased, but not the Clad Proof Sets?

...hmmm, i see that. probably a typo. :popcorn:

Well, I usually order a second set of everything to put in my albums, but the only silver one I need is the dime, so I think this year I may just buy the single from a dealer and save $60!

Well, I usually order a second set of everything to put in my albums, but the only silver one I need is the dime, so I think this year I may just buy the single from a dealer and save $60!

...sounds like a wise plan. hm

Unless the quality of their products increase, I suspect that many of their regular buyers are going to bail.

I know that I've cut my subscriptions in half simply because its pointless to continue buying the junk they produce. You can't resell them without losing money!