Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Wins?

14 posts in this topic

It's still early, but anyone win anything out of Heritage?

I won this coin. Not sure why other than it was cool looking and superb condition.

16638676.jpg

This exact coin was sold in the 2010 Boston ANA sale where it brought $7,475. I had it on my watch list at that time, but it went higher than I was willing to pay. Just ~4 months later and it's on sale for exactly half price at $3,737.50. :cloud9:

Unbelievable condition but way out of my price range, even at half price.

Last I checked I was still high bidder on one UK and two Swiss gold medals but I fear my lowball bids might not have been enough.

On the bright side, my new roof doesn't leak, even with a foot of snow on it. :grin:

EVP - Someday when I win Mega Millions I will have an Insurrection 3 Florins plus the gold 14 Florins that sold for almost $11K.

For now I'll be content with my 1790 Insurrection Liard, graded NGC MS64BN.

Congrats on a beautiful piece of history!

It's still early, but anyone win anything out of Heritage?

I won this coin. Not sure why other than it was cool looking and superb condition.

16638676.jpg

This exact coin was sold in the 2010 Boston ANA sale where it brought $7,475. I had it on my watch list at that time, but it went higher than I was willing to pay. Just ~4 months later and it's on sale for exactly half price at $3,737.50. :cloud9:

Such a deal!

I watched two Cypriot coins that failed to get a starting bid. Prices were soaring a couple of years ago for these coins, but perhaps the market has cooled off more than a little.

Here's mine:

Insurrection 3 Florin

I didn't do as well price-wise as Greg did with his win... Mine sold for just over USD1200 in a June Kunkers auction.

Here's a photo from the Kunkers auction:

image03451.jpg

EVP

This one and the 14 florin are the only ones I do not have from these issues, and of course, they are also the most expensive. I have the other six listed in Krause.