• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone feeling charitable?

49 posts in this topic

OK sorry Comic.. I know I should not laugh, but I had a chuckle at the "grabbed my CGC boxes and NGC case" Spoken like a true collector! Hope all turns out well and all is OK.

OK sorry Comic.. I know I should not laugh, but I had a chuckle at the "grabbed my CGC boxes and NGC case" Spoken like a true collector! Hope all turns out well and all is OK.
Yes, I was determined. My wife sent the sheriff after me the second trip but, he couldn't catch me. I think he had one to many donughts.

Yes, I was determined. My wife sent the sheriff after me the second trip but, he couldn't catch me. I think he had one to many donughts.

I am really, really sorry to hear about the loss of your home. I am also really, really glad you and your family are safe. I just wanted to say I appreciate your posts and, in the case of the one quoted above, your sense of humor during a really tuff time. I do not know what any of us can do to help but I would encourage you to "just ask" if you think there is some way all of us on the boards can pitch in.

Take care.

Jim

I am really, really sorry to hear about the loss of your home. I am also really, really glad you and your family are safe. I just wanted to say I appreciate your posts and, in the case of the one quoted above, your sense of humor during a really tuff time. I do not know what any of us can do to help but I would encourage you to "just ask" if you think there is some way all of us on the boards can pitch in.

Take care.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Luckily, we have insurance. Also, CGC members are seeing to it that we are well taken care of financially. I just thought I would let you guys know what's going on as I enjoy talking to and learning about coins from everyone here.

Also, it would appear that this thread needed a distraction.

Mike

lol yea Mike it did need a distraction. Glad to hear all is ok for the most part and you are at least in good spirits.

Did they figure out what caused the fire? Was it faulty wiring?

Something really important....just seeing if anyone has one of these to "throw my way". Apparently, I am deemed a homeless person, and get personal insults via PMs to that effect.

I had one but it burned in the fire that leveled out house early Monday morning. My mom gave it to me back in 1976

Sorry to hear about your house.

lol yea Mike it did need a distraction. Glad to hear all is ok for the most part and you are at least in good spirits.

The house was heated with wood. The chimney was centered in between two windows in my daughter's bedroom upstairs. It would appear that the fire started in between the chimney and the wall. I am just thankful that my daughter woke up. My wife and I were tired and sound asleep. Given that the fire tore through the house in 20 minutes, I don't believe any of us would have made it if she had not woken up. Keep in mind there was winds up to 50 mph which enhanced the fire. Also, being an old house with very dry wood (from burning wood in the fire) the fire just took off. I should not have made the second trip back in. I was lucky though and only suffered from smoke in my lungs.

It was most likely started between the chimney and the house.

It sounds like it may had been a flue fire. I am very sorry to hear about this Comicdonna, Glad you and your family made it out safe!

Just a reminder, Auctions #1-94, are ending tonight, starting at 8:30 PM EST . The last one #94 ends at 10pm. The rest will end tomorrow night.

Bidding late is fine, too! But just in case you are going out for another night of rabble rousing, you might want to bid early!

Here is a link for those of you who have not seen them!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=69

I also have Mike's Paypal address if someone wants to make a straight donation, just PM me and kindly put for ComicDonna in the title.

Thanks for your support everyone and a Happy, Safe and Healthy New Year! :acclaim:

After looking at your pictures you are very fortunate to have escaped unscathed. My goodness, that is total devastation. You are a lucky man if you went in there twice and "only" have some smoky lungs, you could have easily been toast. Best of luck in the rebuilding that is ahead. That will be a challenging and exciting time. Phew, keep us posted on your progress.

Holy Carp! Talk about hijacking a thread with a "distraction"!! That's not a distraction it's a downright disaster!!

Thankfully you and yours emerged safely.

Happy New Year!

Kirk

Thanks! We were very lucky. It broke out about 1:00 AM and by 1:20 AM, the main part of the house was fully engulfed in flames. The high winds played a factor.

Very sorry to hear of your house! Glad everyone is safe!

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone. We went to the house today with a shovel but, only found pocket change that was in a box and jar. That was it. We may be getting a rental house next week.

This is unfortunate. This time of year is the hardest to lose a home to fire, but any time of year is bad as well.

Sure glad to hear everyone made it out safe and sound.