• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone feeling charitable?

49 posts in this topic

Sure!

While we're at it, how about the 25c and $1 from the set, and I will send you a 90% silver quarter in exchange.

Homeless person: "Mister, can you spare a dollar so I can get a hot cup of coffee? It's cold out here tonight,"

Mister: "All I've got is a twenty."

Homeless person: "Gee, that's great! Then I can get a couple of bottles of Muscatel to celebrate New Year's Eve."

Sorry! The Ike is already in my Dansco, and I gave the quarter to a kid who saves the Bicentennials.

Chris

Now this is insulting. Something is wrong with cpm9ball. I have no idea who cpm9ball is, except that he keeps referring to someone named "David" in his overwhelming insulting PM comments.

cpm9ball seems to have some issues, and perhaps he will go into the dustbin filled with dirt and otherwise worthless garbage.

Such an innocent post, attracted negative, personal insulting, and otherwise worthless insults from cpm9ball. I hope he is proud. What a POS.

Well, if so, then if he were a man I would think he would apologize for any misunderstandings....instead he throws personal insulting PM's at me. I guess he enjoys insulting people he doesn't know.

But that's his problem, not mine.

There was nothing humorous in his personal insulting PMs. Easy for COWARDS to insult someone when you are not directly in front of them.

Something really important....just seeing if anyone has one of these to "throw my way". Apparently, I am deemed a homeless person, and get personal insults via PMs to that effect.

107832.gif.6f3ee1a5f360a4724ff69ef8fc4cf92a.gif

Just so there is no misunderstanding, here is the entire transcript of the PM's that were initiated by jmbucks. The only reason I'm posting this is because he has seen fit to delete some of what he said in this thread, and he has chosen to use this thread to continue his tirade.

In his initial post, he said that he was tired of looking at the empty hole in his type set (?) and asked if anyone had a Bicentennial Kennedy, at least AU, that they would like to give him. When I mentioned that I still had the Denver coin in an old mint set, he responded with..........

Sure!

While we're at it, how about the 25c and $1 from the set, and I will send you a 90% silver quarter in exchange.

That is when I posted the anecdote........

Homeless person: "Mister, can you spare a dollar so I can get a hot cup of coffee? It's cold out here tonight,"

Mister: "All I've got is a twenty."

Homeless person: "Gee, that's great! Then I can get a couple of bottles of Muscatel to celebrate New Year's Eve."

Sorry! The Ike is already in my Dansco, and I gave the quarter to a kid who saves the Bicentennials.

Chris

It was at this point when he started sending the PM's.

jerk

jimbucks

insulting jerk.

cpm9ball

For someone who is looking for a favor, you have a very thin skin. It was meant as a joke, and I wasn't irritated by your "additional" request. If I hadn't used the dollar and quarter, I would have given them to you without hesitation. However, maybe you should ask David for his. Chris

jmbucks

no, I have a thick skin, but don't need your personal insults. Perhaps you should be a man and apologize rather than continue to be a jerk.

cpm9ball

It would be a waste of time. I only apologize to people who are truly deserving, not to those who demand it. You'll still be the insecure little boy that you are now.

I saw that you deleted your request and added your immature comment. Did you give any thought to how David might react. Of course not! You only care about yourself.

I won't bother responding to any more of your whining.

Chris

jimbucks

GO TO HELL.

jimbucks

jimbucks has removed themself from this topic.

I freely admit that my second reply to him was harsh, but I felt that he deserved it. What I said in that second PM was in private, so it was not as though I was embarrassing him publicly. He is the one who chose to bring this into the open. He has deleted his posts trying to make me look like the bad guy, and he is continuing on with his tantrum.

I have no intention of running away and hiding, but make sure when you start throwing the slop around that there is absolutely no paper trail behind you.

Chris

Something really important....just seeing if anyone has one of these to "throw my way". Apparently, I am deemed a homeless person, and get personal insults via PMs to that effect.

I had one but it burned in the fire that leveled out house early Monday morning. My mom gave it to me back in 1976

And to think, I thought it was getting nasty between MikeinFl, Tradedollarnut, and myself about my alleged AT (NOT) blued toned reverse, striped obverse problem (NOT) large cent in a PCGS MS64 holder a few days ago, but I don't think any of us started saying things like GTH so this tops it.

It is the holidays folks, thaz why I backed off on them guys who didn't mean bad, but just gave me an opinion that I did not like, so guys this was a misundertanding between ya, Chris has been a wonderful gentlemen on these boards for years, Jim you have too. Lez all get along and look forward to 2011 that might be better than 2010.

:hi::)

Darn Chris. You get called a jerk and told to go to hell all in the same night over a joke. That's cool. My lady wanted to call me something today over a joke but we just don't say that type of thing after all these years.

Jim, grow some skin and see a joke as what it is. You have been here long enough to understand that folks have fun posting with others.

You guys have a great New Years.

I had one but it burned in the fire that leveled out house early Monday morning. My mom gave it to me back in 1976
Well, I hope you're not serious about the house. If you are, sorry for your loss.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Is everyone safe?

Chris

Both of these guys are cool in my book.

The thing about emails, and chat rooms is the lost of body language and vocal tone and inflection. These are important elements in the total communication discourse. Emoticons were derived from the lack of the visual connection in the digital world because it became clear that intentions were easily misconstrued.

Just my 2Cent ;)

Peace to all people

OP

Say what?

First I learn of this...sorry to hear about your loss. Hope everyone (any pets) included are safe.

Edit: comicdonna...start a post in Numismatic General because this thread probably won't make it into 2011

The thing about emails, and chat rooms is the lost of body language and vocal tone and inflection. These are important elements in the total communication discourse. Emoticons were derived from the lack of the visual connection in the digital world because it became clear that intentions were easily misconstrued.

Just my 2Cent ;)

Peace to all people

OP

Larry, are you implying that without emoticons we are no better than Kathy Griffin? :roflmao:

Chris

Peace to everyone.Just looking for a 1976 half dollar.

I just happen to have a Denver mint Bicentennial. Are you interested?

Chris

Just my 2Cent ;)

Peace to all people

OP

Larry, are you implying that without emoticons we are no better than Kathy Griffin? :roflmao:

Chris

Dat Funie

I really don't like emoticons that much but I have found them useful....I love this guy

cause I feel this way :o plenty of times

always welcome at my fire

OP

Say what?

First I learn of this...sorry to hear about your loss. Hope everyone (any pets) included are safe.

Edit: comicdonna...start a post in Numismatic General because this thread probably won't make it into 2011

Everyone made it out. The fire started in my daughter's room about 1:00 AM. She came screaming in our room that there was a fire. I went in and put the curtain out. Just as I did, the whole wall started to glow red. I got the family and dog out and made two quick trips back in. I grabbed 4 CGC boxes of comics and a NGC box of coins. 6 of the coins fell out 3 morgans and 3 franklins. We are staying in an extended stay hotel until we can get an appartment. Thye kind boardies on the CGC side have been taken great care of us. It was most likely started between the chimney and the house. There was 50 mph winds and blizzard like conditions. 9 towns showed up but, only the chimney is left standing. My wife made it out in only her pajamas and boots. I had a jacket and my daughter had fallen asleep already dressed. Luckily, our passports were in the car.

Say what?

Everyone made it out. The fire started in my daughter's room about 1:00 AM. She came screaming in our room that there was a fire. I went in and put the curtain out. Just as I did, the whole wall started to glow red. I got the family and dog out and made two quick trips back in. I grabbed 4 CGC boxes of comics and a NGC box of coins. 6 of the coins fell out 3 morgans and 3 franklins. We are staying in an extended stay hotel until we can get an appartment. Thye kind boardies on the CGC side have been taken great care of us. It was most likely started between the chimney and the house. There was 50 mph winds and blizzard like conditions. 9 towns showed up but, only the chimney is left standing. My wife made it out in only her pajamas and boots. I had a jacket and my daughter had fallen asleep already dressed. Luckily, our passports were in the car.

This is terrible; I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm glad that everyone is safe.

Thanks! We were very lucky. It broke out about 1:00 AM and by 1:20 AM, the main part of the house was fully engulfed in flames. The high winds played a factor.

Holy Cow !

I can't imagine.......

I know it's cliche, but stuff is just stuff. Everyone safe is the wonderful thing. Boy, that's pretty heads up for your daughter....God Bless her.....and your family. You will get through this, I'm sure.

Here's to a healthy 2011 !

Paul