• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPS is kicking it up a notch

10 posts in this topic

UPS is kicking it up a notch. They just came swerving up our street, dropped off a guy who ran up to our house and dropped the package, meanwhile, the truck keeps driving around the circle and the guy runs out to meet it on its way back out of the neighborhood. Truck never stopped moving.

cannonball.jpg

Next year, the graduates of the "Human Cannon Ball Tech" will take to the trucks, the driver will

mechanically swing open the rear double doors and "BOOM" instant delivery.

Note: Trajectory is key with this type of delivery system, roof top landings still plague the proto-type carriers,

also fragile packages are at somewhat of a risk. UPS is working out the kinks and is in the process of selecting

a stylish cape.

That is really funny to imagine, I must say. Although I do believe it because I'm fairly certain that they get paid bonuses based on the amount of packages they deliver.

I agree, that would be funny to watch. Hopefully they are at least dropping the packages off gently.

It's no wonder everything that you receive from UPS is always broken/busted into pieces and, if you file an insurance claim they will deny it, saying that it was 'improperly packed' even if you have it packed proffessionally for approx. $30.00 (something that I would NEVER do! I can bubble-wrap, double-box and tape as well as anyone!) :)

Tell me about USPS... Are they still using steam machines? hm

(Bought on 12/04/10 ebay)

Processed through Sort Facility, 2010-12-15, 01:05:00, FOREST PARK, IL, 60130

Missent, 2010-12-13, 10:20:00

Processed through Sort Facility, 2010-12-12, 01:03:00, FOREST PARK, IL, 60130

Processed through Sort Facility, 2010-12-11, 11:34:00, FOREST PARK, IL, 60130

Missent, 2010-12-09, 10:39:00

Arrival at Post Office, 2010-12-09, 09:28:00, CHICAGO, IL, 60618

Processed through Sort Facility, 2010-12-08, 19:38:00, FOREST PARK, IL, 60130

5 beautiful Lincoln's cannot find their new owner :cry:

Actually USPS must be picking it up also. I mailed a large box to my parents Friday, parcel post, and they received it yesterday! That was fast

Monday, December 13th was the busiest day of the year for the world's largest express transportation service. In fact, with an estimated 16 million packages delivered, FedEx says this could be its busiest day in history, both locally and nationally.